title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

All posts are approved.

I am using the public beta of 10.10 seems ok with that, only the preferences seem to be greay out is this normal.
    When do you think there would be a commercial release of the dbpoweramp for Mac, I am sure this would sell well

Administrator

You can screen shot of these grey out prefs?

Full release is end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    All posts are approved.
    NOW they are.

Having said that, I cannot rip a CD. It's the 1992 reissue of Cargo by Men at Work, released in Germany but manufactured in Australia. It's a part of the "two originals" double CD set. iTunes sees and plays the tracks just fine, but DBP only displays:

Configuring AccurateRip
    Drive: TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SN-208DB
    Please wait.

I was waiting for 5 minutes, and then quit the program. Trying several more times did not help.

EDIT: just ripped it with XLD using CDParanoia. No errors.
    Last edited by KlarkKentThe3rd; 08-16-2014 at 01:55 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    NOW they are.

Having said that, I cannot rip a CD. It's the 1992 reissue of Cargo by Men at Work, released in Germany but manufactured in Australia. It's a part of the "two originals" double CD set. iTunes sees and plays the tracks just fine, but DBP only displays:

Configuring AccurateRip
    Drive: TSSTcorp - CDDVDW SN-208DB
    Please wait.

I was waiting for 5 minutes, and then quit the program. Trying several more times did not help.
    keep trying with popular CDs until the ACCURATERIP gets setup. For some people it is the first disk they try. Others take 10 different CDs to get AR setup. But once setup, you don't have to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    keep trying with popular CDs until the ACCURATERIP gets setup. For some people it is the first disk they try. Others take 10 different CDs to get AR setup. But once setup, you don't have to do it again.
    How many minutes will it take? I can wait, sure, but I really want to know if that works.

P.S. The folder/destination problem is fixed with the latest update. I can now rip to the folder of my choice without any problems.

EDIT: I give up. Someone needs to fix this.

Last edited by KlarkKentThe3rd; 08-16-2014 at 08:37 PM.

I wonder what was wrong with my post to get it deleted.

I'm having an issue with CD ripping. I'm using the latest beta. When I try to apply a track offset number in the track number column and click on the "Apply Track Number Offset" in the drop down menu, the offset numbers are not selectable and are greyed out. Not sure if the feature is disabled in this version or if I've missed a setting somewhere to turn this feature on.

I can't see any information about the ripping speed. I use a Samsung portable DVD Writer mode1 $E-218. No speed problem when I use this drive on my Windows XP computer.

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    P.S. I still don't get it. If FLAC is free and open source, how could ANYONE sue Apple over using it? It's like suing someone for downloading music for free, when the music in question was posted for free download by the artist (provided the record company allows). That is stupid.
    People or companies who file IP-related lawsuits like to make lots of money. To do that, they need a target who has lots of money. Apple and Microsoft have lots of money. The open-source developer who writes some FLAC-converter in his basement certainly has less money. And what's more significant is that if Apple or Microsoft were to directly support FLAC, then whoever owns the IP could say "These companies are using my IP to make lots of money. I want some of that money!". That argument does not work as well against a target who makes no money over some open-source program they release.

Administrator

The implementation of ALAC internally was said to be quite similar to how FLAC works, I think this patent issue is just fake, there are no patent issues around FLAC, the same as Ogg Vorbis. It is 100% about control and lock-in to the platform.

I have just joined this forum and downloaded the OS Beta
    Having trouble getting it to even open. Just getting an error and quit

Process: dBpoweramp Music Converter [20969]
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/dBpoweramp Music Converter.app/Contents/MacOS/dBpoweramp Music Converter
    Identifier: Illustrate.dBpoweramp-Music-Converter
    Version: 1.0 beta 6 (1)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [142]

Date/Time: 2014-08-18 15:33:02.205 +0100
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63b)
    Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 524888 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 6
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 13 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 6
    Anonymous UUID: 63161356-E658-47A9-91AB-7A33661A2807

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    objc[20969]: garbage collection is OFF
    objc[20969]: cannot form weak reference to instance (0x7fcbcc133890) of class DMCPanelHost...

dBpoweramp Guru

OSX lion is not supported, only mountain lion and newer.

OK, got some more info at least.

I borrowed another CD drive to see it dbPoweramp has problems with my drive or if it has problems with certain discs. Right now it would seem that it is discs.

I tried to use a CD that is not working on my current drive on the borrowed drive. On my drive it seems to not register the TOC at all. No CD is requested but the file index in the app is empty. No track numbers, no metadata. On the other drive however, it behaves exactly like on post *96. It claims to be configuring AccurateRip but it never will. On another disc the drive works fine (but the drive is not found in the AccurateRip database).

Interesting stuff.

Nice to see the testing continuing and bugs getting squashed.

And while that is done, I need to ask: what plug-ins are available for FLAC playback in iTunes? And by that I mean most reliable, memory-efficient, and most compatible with Mavericks and the upcoming OS.