title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Release hopefully will be early in the new year.

I hope this isn't too much to ask, but I would very much like to choose my ripping speed. "Max" is the default, and there is no way to change the default. I am using an external drive if that helps. The reason I am concerned is because spinning the disk way too fast for far too long damages it permanently.

Please fix this problem before releasing the program into the market.

Thanks, Bax, but the first icon in the second row is "Display".

Administrator

>reason I am concerned is because spinning the disk way too fast for far too long damages it permanently.

Spinning a disc at 20x speed does not damage it, unless it is already badly warped (and thus damaged already).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >reason I am concerned is because spinning the disk way too fast for far too long damages it permanently.

Spinning a disc at 20x speed does not damage it, unless it is already badly warped (and thus damaged already).
    Maybe that is true. Maybe. But having control over that gives the user the feeling of freedom. Or, or some might say, the illusion of freedom (which is the next big thing).

And I still don't understand why the control options are there, but greyed out. If it is "not necessary" as you say, while include it but make it unusable?

Administrator

I believe that the speeds populate if the drive supports those speeds, dBpoweramp on Windows does the same.

I believe that the speeds populate if the drive supports those speeds, dBpoweramp on Windows does the same.
    Makes sense. Speaking of that, any recommendations of a good, quality, reliable USB-3 external DVD (or Blu-Ray) drive? Must be tray-based. The one I have right now is good, but I want a safety plan just in case.

Administrator

Drives change model so fast, we do not have any recommendations.

Super Moderator

Just a heads-up: all the feedback has been noted, a new version is in the works; the most important complaints have already been addressed (app-wide cmd+c cmd+v copy/paste among other things); we'll release a new beta as soon as we're done testing the new changes.

DSP module for extracting HDCD discs?

Quite a few of the Reference Recordings CDs as well as all the CDs released by the Grateful Dead are HDCD encoded. The PC version has an HDCD DSP module; any plans for the same in the OSX version.

Otherwise, my first experience with the OSX beta on a 2011 Macbook Pro running 10.10 Yosemite has been flawless.

Thanks!

Steve Z

Administrator

The OSX version will not have HDCD, the technology is owned by Microsoft and is only licensed to run on Windows.

The OSX version will not have HDCD, the technology is owned by Microsoft and is only licensed to run on Windows.
    Well darn! Guess I'll have to keep the old Windoze box around just for the HDCD discs.

Thanks anyway, Spoon. Great job on everything else on the OSX version.

Steve Z

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Just a heads-up: all the feedback has been noted, a new version is in the works; the most important complaints have already been addressed (app-wide cmd+c cmd+v copy/paste among other things); we'll release a new beta as soon as we're done testing the new changes.
    I'm looking forward to it, Spoon. Thanks for all of your hard work (I'm aware how hard it is to work with Apple's APIs and libraries sometimes).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is this a straight port from a user interface stand point? Or is it rewritten using Apple's user interface guidelines?

dBpoweramp Guru

Perhaps 50:50, there are some aspects of dBpoweramp which stand out because they are different (on windows or osx)