title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

The destination folder displayed is different to the actual folder used. It seems to remember the previous location and save the files there rather than the displayed folder. I'm assuming that saving the test file with the ripped files will be in a latter release?

Installed dbpoweramp music converter for OSX today on my new iMac tried on a couple of disks seems to be working brilliantly

Been with dBpoweramp for three years when I first got my Linn KDS - what a PLEASURE to not have to use VMWare Fusion to rip!!!!
    Spoon - THANK YOU

I just downloaded the beta for the first time and it seems to be working right out of the box. First question - is there a recommended initial setup guide for this beta or is it the same as the published one for Windows?

I changed the maximum file size for cover art however when I view all of the found covers and sort them from largest file size to smallest I am unable to select one. Any suggestions.

Box to click to capitalize first letter of words in a song title - BRILLANT!

Keep up the great work - can't wait for the final version and the opportunity to give you more money!

Best
    Gregg

I install the software on my mini Mac with Mavericks in the end of July; since I rip 5 or 6 CDs with, using Apple super drive or NIMBIE 21-BR. Everything works great and the software propose me to calibrate accurate ripping at the first CD;I particularly appreciate the viewing of cover art, with the sort on file size.
    I'm a real fan of dBpoweramp + Mac and I would like to thank all the contributors of this great work.
    So, the prevision of delivery seems to be in december; it's perfect !
    Should we expect more longer for the Batch Ripper function ?
    BR

Administrator

Batch Ripper will not make it to the MAC, the drivers for the robots are not available generally on OS X.

I don't know if this will sound arrogant, but... are the issues of unreadable disks (endless "please wait for AR") and path/folder destination (files getting ripped to the wrong folder often) being looked into?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm a long time Windows user and really pleased to now be able to use the beta version on the Mac (thank you!). So far, I don't see the ability to edit tags. Is that available? If so, how do I do it. If not, will it be released soon?

Again, many thanks.

Administrator

We will address the issues raised here when development restarts on this.

Editing ID tags will be added yes.

Hi Spoon,

I have been using on Windows version the Dynamic Output Location as [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\ [track][] [title]. Example: Madonna\Immaculate\ 05 Holiday

I have tried to copy and paste to Mac version but it does not accept past, therefore I have to type.
    But even typing the whole code it does not work.
    Also if I delete the default one and try to add (+) any other option it does no add any.

Thanks for the opportunity to test this product. I am using a 13"macbook pro 9,2 i7 with 8Gb ram and the application is working well other than hanging frequently on the Accurate rip configuration screen when I insert a CD. It does not go away unless I put another CD in. I then realised the issue was the Hardware is not recognised see attached image.
    Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 3.10.44 pm.png
    Can you let me know when this device will be added to the database.

Thanks
    Steve

Just another thing I have noticed is the preferences is constantly greyed out. regardless of the state the application is in. Just run up and no dc, cd inserted and no action, or ripping.
    I have started ripping my library and the tool functions perfectly other than a few CD's it will not work with like Pink Floyd'S The Wall both CD's.
    I am using FLAC as the encoder and was wondering what others are using to play these tracks back with?
    Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4u View Post
    Just another thing I have noticed is the preferences is constantly greyed out. regardless of the state the application is in. Just run up and no dc, cd inserted and no action, or ripping.
    I have started ripping my library and the tool functions perfectly other than a few CD's it will not work with like Pink Floyd'S The Wall both CD's.
    I am using FLAC as the encoder and was wondering what others are using to play these tracks back with?
    Thanks Steve
    Not sure what you mean. Regarding FLAC, Apple does not support it, so you have to rely on 3rd party players and plugins. Regarding the CD problem, the connection to AccurateRip database is sometimes broken (in this beta release we are all using). That is supposed to be fixed eventually.

Thanks Klark. Yes it is 3rd party players people are using as I am aware iTunes does not support FLAC. There are several out there so was interested in what was being used and what others thought was a good one to support flac under iTunes or independently.

I was enquiring if my player was actually in the database of if as you say the Beta release cannot access the database to perform the setup?

The issue of the preferences is as shown in the image attached:
    Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 9.36.29 pm.png

Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Trance4u; 09-03-2014 at 06:03 AM.

latest Mac beta, couldn't skip a problematic track during a rip like I can on windows. also changed the name of the cover to folder.jpg and it didn't appear, it would appear as "Folder.jpg" (capital F ... i prefer lowercase f but it doesn't seem to work on Mac port).

Hi, am new to dBpoweramp after struggling with XLD for a while, and am very impressed with the ease of use and dynamic save options. I am having problems with a couple of albums however which are not showing any data at all after a quick metadata lookup and as a result I cannot select tracks to rip. They are both recognised in iTunes and play fine with the external drive.