title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZebShaw
    • Oct 2014

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

The program has stopped working on both my macs and almost immediately gives the following message for each track when I try to rip a CD:

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/Users/Zeb_David/Desktop/Music - Other/Keely Smith/Swing, Swing, Swing/01 Keely Smith - When You're Smiling; The Sheik of Araby.flac'
    Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpoweramp, select 'Standard' ripping method.
    Silence detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated [EndConversion]

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

see

Hi, I downloaded the beta version for Mac a couple of days ago and started ripping my library to FLAC in readiness for a streamer I have on order. I have ripped around 75 CDs in secure mode up to yesterday evening (NewYears Eve) with no real issues (slight unstability on a couple of occasions where the software seemed to

Comment

• tjbrian
        • Jan 2015

Hi,
        what happened to the OS X Version with the start of 2015? mp3 Lame has expired and everything works as unregistered. Was this on purpose or simply a mistake?
        Regards
        Thomas

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by tjbrian
          Hi,
          what happened to the OS X Version with the start of 2015? mp3 Lame has expired and everything works as unregistered. Was this on purpose or simply a mistake?
          Regards
          Thomas
          read the last post of the thread I posted just above your message. The beta expired. But Spoon reports the new beta in that thread.

Comment

• siriussurfer
            • Feb 2009

Hi,
            is this a OS X meta tagging bug?
            Renaming the artist data of one track changes the artist data of all tracks.
            Beta 11.

Comment

• siriussurfer
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by christianduarte
              [...]
              I have been using on Windows version the Dynamic Output Location as [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\ [track][] [title]. Example: Madonna\Immaculate\ 05 Holiday

I have tried to copy and paste to Mac version but it does not accept past, therefore I have to type.
              But even typing the whole code it does not work.
              Also if I delete the default one and try to add (+) any other option it does no add any.
              Did you swap the backslashes "\" to slashes "/"?

Comment

• siriussurfer
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by siriussurfer
                Hi,
                is this a OS X meta tagging bug?
                Renaming the artist data of one track changes the artist data of all tracks.
                Beta 11.
                Edit:
                Funny feature: Checking the compilation box before renaming the artist and unchecking the compilation box after left the other tracks untouched.
                Example:
                Album Artist: Joe Bonamassa
                Artist on Tracks 1-10: Joe Bonamassa
                Artist on Track 11: Joe Bonamassa feat. Jimmy Barnes
                Not checking the compilation box before changing the artist's name in track 11 leads to renaming the artists in all tracks.

Comment

• flips
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by flips
                  The ripper window is just as small as the first select windows, and it stays just white. I haven't been able to bring back the main window. I tried nuking app and the prefs file and reinstalling, tried rebooting, but same result.
                  I just installed the latest beta. But I still have this issue. Is there a list of which files/dirs to delete to start afresh?
                  I only get a blank window for CD Ripper ...
                  So, nobody knows how I can nuke whatever settings/prefs makes whatever new beta just show a blank window for CD ripper?
                  (I can create a new user, but that would make me migrate lots of data everytime this happens, happened four or five times so far ...)

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

flips, there is an issue here which needs to be tracked down, it will happen shortly.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MacOCD
                      • Sep 2014

[EDIT] I just realised I also posted this on 26th December (most likely under the influence of alcohol) but the only reply was from Spoons that
                      "All drives should be supported, internal and external.
                      It's not working with my external BluRay drive.

Is there any way to change default Disc drive?

I've migrated over to a 27" iMac that doesn't have an internal Disc Drive. The Drive selector in CD Ripper doesn't work and no CDs are detected on insertion. They are detected by Finder & iTunes.

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.1 and DB Poweramp 1.0 Beta 11

All was working fine prior to my Mac migration.

Thanks,

Mark.

[EDIT 2] Having just tried with a friend's external Samsung BluRay drive it would appear the incompatibility must be with my external Drive. I have This one
                      Last edited by MacOCD; 01-04-2015, 06:52 PM. Reason: Updated Information.

Comment

• Tommay
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by siriussurfer
                        Hi,
                        is this a OS X meta tagging bug? Beta 11.
                        Discovered my v10 expired, so read posts and downloaded v11 and ripping now resumed. However, i cannot now review metadata before a rip?

Great product, appreciate the hard work to get the OS X version up and running,

Tommay

Comment

• Tommay
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Tommay
                          However, i cannot now review metadata before a rip?
                          ...and now i can! That was quick! Maybe local cache filled up when i tried to rip with the unregistered version 10, or something? Anyway, all appears to be well.

Comment

• MES2
                            • Jan 2015

Done a lot of ripping over the holidays and ran into a few little glitches.

1) Artist changing to <various> after reviewing and confirming metadata manually. This has happened quite a few times which if not caught has tracks spread across numerous artists...Changing on summary screen rectifies and it does not reoccur if you enter the metadata edit screen again.

2) Ripped a CD, and only one of hundreds where the album artwork only shows on one track...the folder.jpg file did get copied into the folder. nothing on the other 11 tracks.

3) some weird and random errors with accurip where you get message to re-rip 1,000s of frames but if you cancel and try again often the CD rips accurately. Not sure if this is due to network interference, something physical on the CD or another issue...perhaps static?

other than that I have been extremely pleased with the CDripper and Batch Converter.

3)

Comment

• belgraviaboy
                              • Jan 2015

My program have stopped working today.

Downloaded 2nd Jan 2015 running Version 1 Beta 11 (1).

Happily ripped a couple of dozen CDs, now getting "error converting to flac".

Has my beta version already run out?

If so, do I need to download again and reinstall?

Many thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

This error is not related to a time out, please post the exact error message.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>