title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Apply Replaygain requires allready precomputed gain values, instead use the 'Volume Normalize' dsp with the replaygain option selected.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 3rik
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by PeterP
      Thanks for your feedback.

Re DSP:
      Other DSPs seem to work in CD Ripper, I'll check ReplayGain against what the Windows version of dBpoweramp does.
      Update: "Apply Gain" / album Gain does not work in CD ripper in the Windows version either. Calculating Album Gain works fine.

Re dynamic naming picker:
      Bug confirmed and fixed - it does not add stuff when the textbox is currently empty - fixed for the next update.
      Hey
      If I remember correctly, calculaing album replaygain and setting it in the tags (FLAC files for me) used to work fine for me on beta 5.
      "Apply gain/album gain" works only if the audio files you're processing are replaygained track/album (ID tags)
      Hope you'll find the fix for the issue I've posted.

3rik

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

R1.2 beta 7 up, hopefully the last beta before R1.2 stable:
        <Now Released> Changes since R1.1 CD Ripper: Improved error messages when AccurateRip configuration fails CD Ripper: Fixed crash with 'composer' column enabled CD Ripper: Fixed "could not connect to AccurateRip servers" bug More consistent proxy server handling across various app components Fixed various

Bugs have been fixed, two missing features from Windows version ( cache size detection and C2 capability detection ) have been added.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by 3rik
          Hey
          If I remember correctly, calculaing album replaygain and setting it in the tags (FLAC files for me) used to work fine for me on beta 5.
          "Apply gain/album gain" works only if the audio files you're processing are replaygained track/album (ID tags)
          Hope you'll find the fix for the issue I've posted.

3rik
          Which exact effect are you using? what settings are on the effect?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• docmart
            • Jan 2012

Just thought of a feature I would like to see in the Mac version. Could we have some way of telling the length (time) of audio track(s). In the Windows version it is found by right-clicking the file(s) > Properties > Audio Properties. I had hoped it would be there in Yosemite under the 'Services' bit of the right-click menu, but, alas, no.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

New beta version: R15.2 beta 1

Changes:
              • Fixed Batch Converter resource leaks
              • Fixed inability to enumerate large amount of content from a folder under /Volumes

Download

Comment

• docmart
                • Jan 2012

Just tried to rip a disc using release 1.2 beta 4. Failed. Reported errors on every track. Retried using my 'backup' DVD drive which usually copes perfectly with copy-protected discs. Again failed, so tried my Windows version. Ripped no problems using my 'backup' drive. I haven't yet updated to release 15.2 beta, perhaps I'd better try that?

Disc : James Burton 'The Guitar Sounds Of James Burton' digitally remastered. Label AM Records.

Comment

• docmart
                  • Jan 2012

Just installed 15.1. Ripped OK using my Mac Superdrive.

Originally posted by docmart
                  Just tried to rip a disc using release 1.2 beta 4. Failed. Reported errors on every track. Retried using my 'backup' DVD drive which usually copes perfectly with copy-protected discs. Again failed, so tried my Windows version. Ripped no problems using my 'backup' drive. I haven't yet updated to release 15.2 beta, perhaps I'd better try that?

Disc : James Burton 'The Guitar Sounds Of James Burton' digitally remastered. Label AM Records.

Comment

• Eric Seaberg
                    • Apr 2010

The latest v15.1 is having problems doing Multi-Encodes, which I thought was fixed a while ago. I'm starting with a 24bit 44.1k WAV file and am doing a 256kMP3 and adding dithering to 16bit. At the same time I'm converting to another WAV with dither applied for a 16bit version. The process starts by creating file names for each version, then silently crawls to a halt.

I can do either of these encodes individually, so it's not a problem with the original files.

Ideas?

OS 10.9.5 on 2.4GHz 2x6 core MacPro 16GB RAM

Comment

• Eric Seaberg
                      • Apr 2010

Apologies to Spoon, I found the problem. Since I have a Mac with 24 processors, dBpoweramp uses them all... which is GREAT, except when it's trying to write 24 WAV files at one time. The poor little hard-drive I'm writing to just can't keep up.

Sorry for the accusation. ;-)

Comment

• PeterP
                        Super Moderator
                        • Jul 2011

The next update will add an option to limit the number of used threads (default: 8).

Also, curious: are you converting both from and to a spinning disk? From my experience, reading multiple files simultaneously is worse than writing as writing goes thru write cache which greatly reduces the amount of HDD seeking involved.

Comment

• synaptyx
                          • Dec 2014

Hey guys, I'm wondering if there will be a version of the Monkeys Audio codecs for the OS X version. I've come up against a large crop of APE files in my library I need to convert to Apple Lossless, but can't find APE for the Mac version of dBpoweramp. Otherwise everything is going swimmingly for me on 15.2, thanks! :D

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

It should make R16 of the OSX version.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• synaptyx
                              • Dec 2014

Thanks, Spoon! :D

Comment

• NaimGaim
                                • Apr 2015

As a Mac user my existing uncompressed music files have the extension .aiff
                                But dBpoweramp uses the Win like shortend extension .aif

So I have to rename all my new rips from dBp to have it consistent... which adds an unnecessary step.
                                I didn't find a way to configure that in dBp? Could you tell me how, or add it to the next version? Pretty please!

Comment

Working...

]]>