title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by amazonmp3 View Post
    Just upgraded to Beta 12 (last version used was Beta 7, which was working for me pretty well).

CD Ripper on Beta 12 not working well at all, has what seems to be multiple window update and display problems. When CD is inserted, track names do not appear. Metadata information is retrieved, but I cannot edit text in any of the text boxes. Ripping actually works but with essentially no visible information on progress.

Mac OS X 10.10.2 MacBook Pro 13" Retina.
    Thanks for the report.

Please make a dump of your configuration using the following terminal command:
    Code:
    cd ~/Library && tar czf ~/Desktop/dBConfig.tar.gz dBpoweramp AccurateRip
    A file named dBConfig.tar.gz will appear on your desktop. Please email it to peter@dbpoweramp.com

It would be nice if one could configure the start directory for the music converter as my music filea are never in Documents folder. It feels like a thing that might be there already, but maybe I just didn't find it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    It would be nice if one could configure the start directory for the music converter as my music filea are never in Documents folder. It feels like a thing that might be there already, but maybe I just didn't find it.
    It remembers the last used directory. (If it does not do that for you, that would be a bug, please do tell)
    Anyway, feature request noted.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    It remembers the last used directory. (If it does not do that for you, that would be a bug, please do tell)
    Anyway, feature request noted.
    Ok, it might be a kind of a user error then. I do my ripping and tagging on my laptop with limited storage space. After a while, I move the files to my NAS. I wonder if it defaults to the Documents folder if the previously used folder is not available anymore. Have to check the behaviour when I get home.

Ok, it might be a kind of a user error then. I do my ripping and tagging on my laptop with limited storage space. After a while, I move the files to my NAS. I wonder if it defaults to the Documents folder if the previously used folder is not available anymore. Have to check the behaviour when I get home.
    That's exactly how it goes.

Super Moderator

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rter-R1-2-beta

New beta available. Problem seen as repaint issues in CD Ripper should now be gone (was 'composer' column related).

Thanks, PeterP. The multiencoder is one of my FAVORITE features!!

Spoon/Dev Team - thank you very much for the first iteration of the Mac client. Have been waiting for a long time for this and couldn't be happier with the results so brilliant work!

Have noticed these bugs (if they are) in v1.1:

1) Cannot save DSP profiles (save button is greyed out once save to-folder is selected)
    2) Default tag/fields override not working (i.e. if I choose 'Style' to be X then X will not be loaded even after a refresh) - actually it does work after a Meta Data (button) refresh and not CD refresh. (Also, it would be nice if the tags that are picked up by default but not chosen by the user to be written to the file are grey out just as in the Windows version)
    3) Certain default fields not written to files. Have to create a DSP setting. Would it be possible to add an option to override system/program defaults and not internet meta? Example, if I would like to add 'Encoded by: dBpoweramp Release 1.1 (OS X)' instead of what it is now 'dBpoweramp'. Could this be changed to differentiate between the different OS X releases?
    4) Default settings for drive seem to be lost after reboot
    5) Log created does not indicate which Mac OS X release was used to rip the CD

Nubben
    Last edited by Nubben; 03-13-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I believe that the speeds populate if the drive supports those speeds, dBpoweramp on Windows does the same.
    Just an FYI... For the past couple of years, I've successfully adjusted the ripping speed of my external drive using dBpoweramp within Boot Camp/Windows on a MacBook (speeds as low as 4x and 1x). I just tried the same drive with the OS X version of CD Ripper, and noticed the speed choice is grayed out using "Maximum".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Moondog View Post
    For the past couple of years, I've successfully adjusted the ripping speed of my external drive using dBpoweramp within Boot Camp/Windows on a MacBook (speeds as low as 4x and 1x).
    Out of curiosity... why would you do that?

dBpoweramp Guru

Out of curiosity... why would you do that?
    does seem odd given that most (all?) modern drives work better at FASTER speeds. These drive speeds are NOT the same as the old days of taping things on reel-to-reel tape recorders where slower recording speeds did in fact create better quality analog tape recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by amazonmp3 View Post
    Just upgraded to Beta 12 (last version used was Beta 7, which was working for me pretty well).

CD Ripper on Beta 12 not working well at all, has what seems to be multiple window update and display problems. When CD is inserted, track names do not appear. Metadata information is retrieved, but I cannot edit text in any of the text boxes. Ripping actually works but with essentially no visible information on progress.

Mac OS X 10.10.2 MacBook Pro 13" Retina.
    Hello PeterP/Spoon/& Everyone:

I am a long time user of dBpoweramp for Windows. I am currently on a 21 day free trail of dBpa for OS X (Release 1.1(1)) (if I can get dBpa for mac to work then I can retire Windows to the software museum). CD Ripper worked well for the first couple of rips, however since this initial success the CD Ripper has become very buggy and crash prone (my problem sounds similar to amazonmp3's noted above). The display window freezes/locks up with no metadata (or a completely blank CD ripper window) - occasionally I can click on the 'Rip' button and the CD rips to the appropriate file path with correct metadata - the problem is I cannot see or edit metadata with the window/user interface freezing up and not responding to mouse or keyboard input, and the program crashes (I have several crash reports saved to text file).

FYI - the Batch and Music Converters seem to be working fine (based on only a couple of test runs). However, the Batch Converter does not see or recognize my QNAP server where all my CDs are ripped to (but that can be a subject for another post).

System: Yosemite OS 10.10.2; iMac with Retina 5K display with an Apple USB SuperDrive; QNAP TS-439 ProII+. Thanks.

Scott

Super Moderator

Crashing and freezing of CD ripper, please get R1.2 beta; a bug known to cause these exact symptoms is now fixed-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R1-2-beta-OS-X

Bought the MacOS version last week. Still haven't deleted the Windows version from Bootcamp on my iMac (same computer as the Mac version!), but was going to do so today until I came across the following fault :

Put the latest Classic Rock magazine CD (One Nation Under The Groove) in the mac's superdrive, and as expected, not yet in database, so set off to enter all the details manually. However, the 'Review Metadata' box was greyed out, so couldn't enter the various artists etc. Restarted in Bootcamp, and the Windows version is working fine. Review metadata NOT greyed out, so I entered all the details and ripped the CD.

Tried a couple of old (previously ripped on Windows version) compilation CDs on the Mac version, and Review metadata was OK (i.e. not greyed out).

Does the Mac version just 'not like' this particular CD?

Sorry, should have added : Yosemite 10.10.2.