title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

The program has stopped working on both my macs and almost immediately gives the following message for each track when I try to rip a CD:

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/Users/Zeb_David/Desktop/Music - Other/Keely Smith/Swing, Swing, Swing/01 Keely Smith - When You're Smiling; The Sheik of Araby.flac'
    Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpoweramp, select 'Standard' ripping method.
    Silence detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated [EndConversion]

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,
    what happened to the OS X Version with the start of 2015? mp3 Lame has expired and everything works as unregistered. Was this on purpose or simply a mistake?
    Regards
    Thomas

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tjbrian View Post
    Hi,
    what happened to the OS X Version with the start of 2015? mp3 Lame has expired and everything works as unregistered. Was this on purpose or simply a mistake?
    Regards
    Thomas
    read the last post of the thread I posted just above your message. The beta expired. But Spoon reports the new beta in that thread.

Hi,
    is this a OS X meta tagging bug?
    Renaming the artist data of one track changes the artist data of all tracks.
    Beta 11.

Quote Originally Posted by christianduarte View Post
    [...]
    I have been using on Windows version the Dynamic Output Location as [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\ [track][] [title]. Example: Madonna\Immaculate\ 05 Holiday

I have tried to copy and paste to Mac version but it does not accept past, therefore I have to type.
    But even typing the whole code it does not work.
    Also if I delete the default one and try to add (+) any other option it does no add any.
    Did you swap the backslashes "\" to slashes "/"?

Quote Originally Posted by siriussurfer View Post
    Hi,
    is this a OS X meta tagging bug?
    Renaming the artist data of one track changes the artist data of all tracks.
    Beta 11.
    Edit:
    Funny feature: Checking the compilation box before renaming the artist and unchecking the compilation box after left the other tracks untouched.
    Example:
    Album Artist: Joe Bonamassa
    Artist on Tracks 1-10: Joe Bonamassa
    Artist on Track 11: Joe Bonamassa feat. Jimmy Barnes
    Not checking the compilation box before changing the artist's name in track 11 leads to renaming the artists in all tracks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by flips View Post
    The ripper window is just as small as the first select windows, and it stays just white. I haven't been able to bring back the main window. I tried nuking app and the prefs file and reinstalling, tried rebooting, but same result.
    I just installed the latest beta. But I still have this issue. Is there a list of which files/dirs to delete to start afresh?
    I only get a blank window for CD Ripper ...
    So, nobody knows how I can nuke whatever settings/prefs makes whatever new beta just show a blank window for CD ripper?
    (I can create a new user, but that would make me migrate lots of data everytime this happens, happened four or five times so far ...)

Administrator

flips, there is an issue here which needs to be tracked down, it will happen shortly.

[EDIT] I just realised I also posted this on 26th December (most likely under the influence of alcohol) but the only reply was from Spoons that
    "All drives should be supported, internal and external.
    It's not working with my external BluRay drive.

Is there any way to change default Disc drive?

I've migrated over to a 27" iMac that doesn't have an internal Disc Drive. The Drive selector in CD Ripper doesn't work and no CDs are detected on insertion. They are detected by Finder & iTunes.

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.1 and DB Poweramp 1.0 Beta 11

All was working fine prior to my Mac migration.

Thanks,

Mark.

[EDIT 2] Having just tried with a friend's external Samsung BluRay drive it would appear the incompatibility must be with my external Drive. I have This one
    Last edited by MacOCD; 01-04-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Updated Information.

Quote Originally Posted by siriussurfer View Post
    Hi,
    is this a OS X meta tagging bug? Beta 11.
    Discovered my v10 expired, so read posts and downloaded v11 and ripping now resumed. However, i cannot now review metadata before a rip?

Great product, appreciate the hard work to get the OS X version up and running,

Tommay

Quote Originally Posted by Tommay View Post
    However, i cannot now review metadata before a rip?
    ...and now i can! That was quick! Maybe local cache filled up when i tried to rip with the unregistered version 10, or something? Anyway, all appears to be well.

Done a lot of ripping over the holidays and ran into a few little glitches.

1) Artist changing to <various> after reviewing and confirming metadata manually. This has happened quite a few times which if not caught has tracks spread across numerous artists...Changing on summary screen rectifies and it does not reoccur if you enter the metadata edit screen again.

2) Ripped a CD, and only one of hundreds where the album artwork only shows on one track...the folder.jpg file did get copied into the folder. nothing on the other 11 tracks.

3) some weird and random errors with accurip where you get message to re-rip 1,000s of frames but if you cancel and try again often the CD rips accurately. Not sure if this is due to network interference, something physical on the CD or another issue...perhaps static?

other than that I have been extremely pleased with the CDripper and Batch Converter.

3)

My program have stopped working today.

Downloaded 2nd Jan 2015 running Version 1 Beta 11 (1).

Happily ripped a couple of dozen CDs, now getting "error converting to flac".

Has my beta version already run out?

If so, do I need to download again and reinstall?

Many thanks

Administrator

This error is not related to a time out, please post the exact error message.