title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.
    I would like to get a snapshot of your dBpoweramp configuration for analysis.
    Please go to dBpoweramp configuration ( "configure" button in the launcher window ), Music Converter tab, "Save configuration snapshot" button at the bottom; email the resulting file to peter@dbpoweramp.com.
    Thanks.
    Well, I thought my problem with the Mac version was with only one CD, but today, I set about ripping Gary Moore, Live At Montreux. I wanted to edit the metadata to "Moore, Gary" for Artist and Artist/Album. Did that on the first page of CD ripper. Then decided I wanted to edit the titles of those tracks with Albert Collins, by adding (feat. Albert Collins) to the title. (I usually do this for albums where some of the tracks have guest artists on them). Went into Review Metadata, but it wouldn't let me edit the track names (I did click on the 'Show Track Artists' button). Then if I click on the track name (or anything else in that view, the line goes blue, but I can't actually edit the contents. If I come out of that view, quit CD ripper and reload, then the Review Metadata button for that disc is greyed out.

I finished up ripping my Gary Moore CD using the Mac versionand then editing the metadata after ripping (using Finder/R Click/ Services/dbPoweramp). Tedious, and really must be fixed.

I'm sure I posted this yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be here.

I earlier reported a problem with a greyed out 'Review Metadata' button on the full version (not beta) of the Mac version. At the time I thought it was just one random disc giving strange results, and as requested I posted my configuration to Mr.Spoon.

However, it is now apparent that the problem is much bigger than I thought. I purchased Gary Moore's 'Live At Montreux' and loaded it up into the CD Ripper. I commenced as usual by changing the Album Artist name to 'Moore, Gary' (I'm a bit OCD that way), and changed the Artist tag to 'Moore, Gary'. Originally it was presented as <Various Artists>, because Albert Collins features on several of the tracks. As is my usual practice, I then clicked on 'Review Metadata', so that I could add '(feat. Albert Collins) to the tracks on which he plays, and clicked on Show Artist (I think that's what it's called). I then tried to edit the appropriate Title Fields, but all that happened was that the appropriate line went blue, but I couldn't actually change what was in that field.

Did a bit of head scratching, and went back to the main CD Ripper window. Lo and behold, the Review Metadata button was now greyed out! I tried to edit the title fields on that screen, but again the program wouldn't let me do it.

So, went ahead with the rip, and did post-editing of the metadata tags (using dBpoweramp) afterwards. Very tedious.

Got another couple of random old compilation CDs (previously ripped using the Windows version), and tried them. On first loading, on the main screen, I could click on each track title and edit it, but when I tried the same thing after clicking on Review Metadata, what happened with the Gary Moore CD was repeated.

Restarted my Mac, and put the previously tried CDs into CD Ripper. Greyed out 'Review Metadata' button present from loading - so whatever happened earlier seems to have fixed itself in the Mac CD Ripper 'memory'.

Also : Why can't I submit my rip data to the online databases using the Mac version? (as you can in the Windows version)

New download does not rip any CDs. Trail version worked fine.

How do I register this purchased version? Why does it issue error messages when iSUCKS rips cds fine?

How can I add 'Album Artist Sort' to metadata default?

Super Moderator

New version - R1.2 beta 3
    Changes:
    • More consistent proxy server handling across various app components
    • Fixed a bug affecting Multi Encoder handling
    • "Review Metadata" button is now available at all time
    • Fixed a bug possibly causing metadata retrieval to get stuck

Further updates will be available soon. I apologize for not replying to each post but I can assure you I read them all.

UPDATE
    More multi encoder bugs found as of beta 3. New update soon.

UPDATE
    Beta 4.
    • Fixed some more Multi Encoder bugs.
    Last edited by PeterP; 04-19-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Multi Encoder status update

The Good:
    - The Multi Encoder seems to work now. :-)
    At least in my scenario described further above (AIFF + AAC). No missing files, they do get written now.

The Bad:
    - There's a new issue with metadata retrieval:
    AMG, MusicBrainz and freedb go fast like it should be - but when it comes to GD3 it seems to hang on "Please wait..." (~ 1-3 min.).
    Then it suddenly finishes (without any message). When you review the metadata, the columns for GD3 and TrackType are missing.
    Only 3 out of 5 DB retrievals where successful. :-(

- When you have special characters in the metadata, I only let replace colon to semicolon (because OS X needs it internally as folder marker). But I don't change any of the others, these are Windows restrictions only. After all it's a Mac, it can handle them!
    Now, when it has a normal question mark in the metadata title name, it get's replaced by the spanish upside down question mark in the file name...

- When you have slashes in the metadata (e.g. Grouping or Genre field), they still get replaced by backslashes in AAC files, but not in AIFF files. I reported that error already further above...

- AAC ripping can only be made in CBR - the VBR option is missing. Also reported earlier.

Same behavior with beta 3 + 4.
    Last edited by NaimGaim; 04-22-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad that Multi Encoder has been sorted out.

Re: GD3
    Works for me... however there have been other reports of GD3 lookup locking up. Issue is being investigated.

Re: Backslashes in M4A/AAC tags
    Fixed for the next update. (Windows version has the same misbehavior.)

Re: Special character handling in file names
    Noted, will fix.

Re: AAC only CBR available
    Noted, will fix, not sure how we ended supporting only CBR.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

Beta 6 out.
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R1-2-beta-OS-X

Beta 6 changes:
    • Fixed AAC VBR not reporting estimated file size
    • Network share output folders are now correctly remembered; network shares get re-mounted if necessary.
    • Improved Batch Converter tolerance for lagging network shares
    • Convert to same folder option now disabled in scenarios where it does not make any sense

Hi,

Yosemite 10.10.3 here.

Now (R1.2 Beta 6) DSP effects are not applied for CD Ripper (at least replay gain album, didn't test other effects). And since R1.1, choosing [artist], [album] and so on have never work. I have to write it manually.

Thanks in advance for the fixes !

Hi,

I'm currently using OSX Beta 6 on (10.9.5) and have issues with the Multi Encoder. It creates a folder for the Artist but not another folder for the Album.

I'd like to rip into two separate mirrored libraries one FLAC and the other ALAC. Under those libraries I'd like to create the same folders in each i.e Artist/Album Title.

If I use the standard ALAC or FLAC settings seperately it seems to work fine. However, not when the same settings are used under the Multi Encoder option.

I've got around 1000 cd's I'd like to rip so I'd like to rip them to FLAC & ALAC at the same time.

Also, Are there any plans to support .WMA lossless under a batch conversion in OSX? I originally ripped these cd's in .WMA and a conversion would save me having to re-rip them.

Thanks
    Jono

dBpoweramp Guru

post your dynamic naming string used for both rips within your multiencoder setup. Probably something missing from this.

(Also note even without multiencoder that one can always rip to one codec, e.g., FLAC, then do a batch conversion of those files to ALAC very easily. One doesn't have to rip twice. I rip to FLAC and then later batch convert to mp3 for use on portables. I find that I like to do more review of my FLAC rips after ripping and almost always have to do some tinkering with tags, run ReplayGain values again for multidisk CDs, etc.)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    Hi,

Yosemite 10.10.3 here.

Now (R1.2 Beta 6) DSP effects are not applied for CD Ripper (at least replay gain album, didn't test other effects). And since R1.1, choosing [artist], [album] and so on have never work. I have to write it manually.

Thanks in advance for the fixes !
    Thanks for your feedback.

Re DSP:
    Other DSPs seem to work in CD Ripper, I'll check ReplayGain against what the Windows version of dBpoweramp does.
    Update: "Apply Gain" / album Gain does not work in CD ripper in the Windows version either. Calculating Album Gain works fine.

Re dynamic naming picker:
    Bug confirmed and fixed - it does not add stuff when the textbox is currently empty - fixed for the next update.
    Last edited by PeterP; 05-08-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently using OSX Beta 6 on (10.9.5) and have issues with the Multi Encoder. It creates a folder for the Artist but not another folder for the Album.

I'd like to rip into two separate mirrored libraries one FLAC and the other ALAC. Under those libraries I'd like to create the same folders in each i.e Artist/Album Title.
    Thanks for your feedback. Please post the exact pattern you're trying to use.

Also, Are there any plans to support .WMA lossless under a batch conversion in OSX? I originally ripped these cd's in .WMA and a conversion would save me having to re-rip them.
    No plans to support WMA on non Windows right now, as there's no official decoder available.

Hi,

does the Mac OS X version support FUA cache clearing? There is no checkbox (as on my Linux via Wine installation) on my Mac OS X 10.10.3 machine.

Cheers
    Pete

Administrator

It is not possible to support this on OS X