title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

If the network share path changes, then dBpoweramp is not going to be able to write.

Not to be whiny or anything, but could anyone please answer my question? It's on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by PFB View Post
    What does "+1" signify?

I don't see a CDs and DVDs preference pane in Yosemite, but I was hoping that dBpa specifically could turn off the opening of iTunes, rather than making this a general setting.
    +1 means that the user supports the request: It's an abbreviated way of saying "I support the request above".

You have CD & DVD in Yosemite in System Preferences -> the first icon in the second row of icons.

Bax

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If the network share path changes, then dBpoweramp is not going to be able to write.
    How are you referencing paths in your code? Are you using strings, or URL objects? If you are using string paths, I'm not sure this is a particularly safe way to access files in OS X, particularly network drives, where you cannot be certain where a drive is going to be mounted.

To quote from the Mac Developer library:
    The preferred way to specify the location of a file or directory is to use the NSURL class. Although the NSString class has many methods related to path creation, URLs offer a more robust way to locate files and directories. For apps that also work with network resources, URLs also mean that you can use one type of object to manage items located on a local file system or on a network server.
    File System Programming Guide at the Apple Developer Library

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    This may go into DBPA general (if there is one), but I'll ask here. A friend sent me a bunch of AIF files that he made with Toast (he stored several of his albums in a format exclusive to that program). So, I tried to convert those to Apple Lossless. There were 16 files in total. All converted fine, but I got warnings for the last 7.

It read as such:
    Warning: AIFF chunk has uneven databytes, is non-compliant AIFF

What does it mean?
    It means that the program which wrote the files did not follow the specification, however in this instance there is no error.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It means that the program which wrote the files did not follow the specification, however in this instance there is no error.
    Specification set by DBPA? If that is the case, I understand.

Also, I decided it is time to change my music listening habits drastically. I want to switch to FLAC permanently. What are the best, up-to-date, reliable plug-ins that allow iTunes to play this format? I know there is at least one. I heard there is a plug-in that converts the FLAC files to MP3 or AAC on export to iPods or smth.

Plz halp.

P.S. Realized that my (discontinued) LaCie DVD drive works better when I plug in both USB cables. Guess that extra power wasn't useless after all.

dBpoweramp Guru

No, specification set by the aiff standard.

dBpoweramp Guru

If you plan on using iTunes, you're better off with ALAC for your lossless. ALAC = FLAC as both are lossless. Itunes doesn't play nice with flac. I use FLAC for my home system and foobar2000 as my computer player (which plays flac). But for my iPods, iPhones, iPads i maintain a mirror library of MP3 files created from the FLACS.

I run OS X Yosemite, version 10.10 and appear now unable to rip an of my CDs, see example error report below.

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/01 Adele - Daydreamer.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/01 Adele - Daydreamer.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/02 Adele - Best for Last.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/02 Adele - Best for Last.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 3' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/03 Adele - Chasing Pavements.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/03 Adele - Chasing Pavements.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 4' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/04 Adele - Cold Shoulder.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/04 Adele - Cold Shoulder.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 5' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/05 Adele - Crazy for You.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/05 Adele - Crazy for You.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 6' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/06 Adele - Melt My Heart to Stone.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/06 Adele - Melt My Heart to Stone.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 7' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/07 Adele - First Love.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/07 Adele - First Love.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 8' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/08 Adele - Right as Rain.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/08 Adele - Right as Rain.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 9' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/09 Adele - Make You Feel My Love.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/09 Adele - Make You Feel My Love.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 10' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/10 Adele - My Same.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/10 Adele - My Same.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 11' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/11 Adele - Tired.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/11 Adele - Tired.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 12' to '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/12 Adele - Hometown Glory.flac'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/Adele/19/12 Adele - Hometown Glory.flac' for writing. [BeginConversion]

Administrator

The issue will be this path:

/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter/

no longer exists.

how do i resolve this

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If you plan on using iTunes, you're better off with ALAC for your lossless. ALAC = FLAC as both are lossless. Itunes doesn't play nice with flac. I use FLAC for my home system and foobar2000 as my computer player (which plays flac). But for my iPods, iPhones, iPads i maintain a mirror library of MP3 files created from the FLACS.
    That would be the go-to solution if the formats sounded the same. They don't. WAV is perfect/warm, AIFF is cold, FLAC 0 is identical to WAV, ALAC sounds very much like FLAC levels 1 - 8 (compressed). All lossless formats carry the same data, but are processed differently by the Apple operating system. Or maybe it's the codec. Whatever the reason, they do NOT sound the same. And before anyone says it, no, I am not imagining it.

Are you sure there isn't a plug-in? Or maybe a player alternative? So far, I haven't seen a good one.

Maybe I should post this in a different section.

The option for read into lead-in or lead-out doesn't appear to be saved.

:lipsrseal

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by WPMVDS View Post
    how do i resolve this
    Use Finder to make sure that path exists, if it does not, change the path to one that does exist.

Hi,

I have been testing the Beta version for a few days on a 2011 27" iMac running OS X Yosemite 10.10 with 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory and AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048MB graphics.

I don't know if I'm including any comments and observations already posted, or whether you plan to add some features prior to release, but I have noted the following:

dBpoweramp:

- The application that allowed you to update dBpoweramp, download additional codecs and allow you to view and adjust integrated menu items (in Finder) appears to be missing.
    - The Rip profile always resets to default on startup and does not save the last profile used. You have to select your personal rip profile from the drop down list each time you restart the application.
    - The right-click options appear to be missing in Finder. The Windows version used to have 'convert with' and 'edit/view metadata with dBpoweramp' in the right-click menu.
    - It appears that you can only adjust the in application options once a disc is inserted.
    - There appears to be no option to set up AccurateRip.
    - The option to test and set up your drive for C2 Pointers is missing.
    - When using 'Review Metadata' to enter your own metadata (I never use online resources) the information you enter is not saved back to the main application window when you click 'Okay'.
    - When using 'Review Metadata' the tab key does not work to skip to the next input field. You have to manually click your mouse in the required field.
    - When you click the 'Add New' button in the metadata window there is no quick select drop-down list to allow you to select the tags available.
    - The quick select drop-down list is missing from the Genre field.
    - The option that allowed you to set the size of the CD information database is missing.
    - When inserting your own custom album art (I never use online resources) the size always defaults to 180 x 180 pixels. The custom artwork I am inserting is 750 x 750 pixels and I have manually input 750 x 750 pixels in the metadata settings.
    - If a CD is not found in AccurateRip the rip always runs 2 pass + 1 Secure Rip (a total of 3 passes) despite having C2 Pointers selected in the rip settings.
    - If you clear/delete the default dynamic string field to enter your own naming convention you cannot add elements by pressing the '+' button next to the required element. You have to type them in manually.
    - Will there eventually be an option to manually alter/adapt/substitute the genre.txt source document as per the Window release?
    - There seems to be fewer DSP Effects available on the Mac version.
    - When selecting a DSP Effect from the drop-down list, you can scroll down to the bottom of the list, but you cannot scroll back up again. You have to close the drop-down list and reopen it to see the top of the list again.

Music Converter

- The Dynamic String always reverts back to default on startup.

Hope I have been clear when describing these issues and I look forward to purchasing the official release version soon - any ideas when this will be?

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Simon.