title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Apply Replaygain requires allready precomputed gain values, instead use the 'Volume Normalize' dsp with the replaygain option selected.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

Re DSP:
    Other DSPs seem to work in CD Ripper, I'll check ReplayGain against what the Windows version of dBpoweramp does.
    Update: "Apply Gain" / album Gain does not work in CD ripper in the Windows version either. Calculating Album Gain works fine.

Re dynamic naming picker:
    Bug confirmed and fixed - it does not add stuff when the textbox is currently empty - fixed for the next update.
    Hey
    If I remember correctly, calculaing album replaygain and setting it in the tags (FLAC files for me) used to work fine for me on beta 5.
    "Apply gain/album gain" works only if the audio files you're processing are replaygained track/album (ID tags)
    Hope you'll find the fix for the issue I've posted.

3rik

Super Moderator

R1.2 beta 7 up, hopefully the last beta before R1.2 stable:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R1-2-beta-OS-X

Bugs have been fixed, two missing features from Windows version ( cache size detection and C2 capability detection ) have been added.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    Hey
    If I remember correctly, calculaing album replaygain and setting it in the tags (FLAC files for me) used to work fine for me on beta 5.
    "Apply gain/album gain" works only if the audio files you're processing are replaygained track/album (ID tags)
    Hope you'll find the fix for the issue I've posted.

3rik
    Which exact effect are you using? what settings are on the effect?

Just thought of a feature I would like to see in the Mac version. Could we have some way of telling the length (time) of audio track(s). In the Windows version it is found by right-clicking the file(s) > Properties > Audio Properties. I had hoped it would be there in Yosemite under the 'Services' bit of the right-click menu, but, alas, no.

Super Moderator

New beta version: R15.2 beta 1

Changes:
    • Fixed Batch Converter resource leaks
    • Fixed inability to enumerate large amount of content from a folder under /Volumes

Download
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC R15.2 beta 1.dmg

Just tried to rip a disc using release 1.2 beta 4. Failed. Reported errors on every track. Retried using my 'backup' DVD drive which usually copes perfectly with copy-protected discs. Again failed, so tried my Windows version. Ripped no problems using my 'backup' drive. I haven't yet updated to release 15.2 beta, perhaps I'd better try that?

Disc : James Burton 'The Guitar Sounds Of James Burton' digitally remastered. Label AM Records.

Just installed 15.1. Ripped OK using my Mac Superdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by docmart View Post
    Just tried to rip a disc using release 1.2 beta 4. Failed. Reported errors on every track. Retried using my 'backup' DVD drive which usually copes perfectly with copy-protected discs. Again failed, so tried my Windows version. Ripped no problems using my 'backup' drive. I haven't yet updated to release 15.2 beta, perhaps I'd better try that?

Disc : James Burton 'The Guitar Sounds Of James Burton' digitally remastered. Label AM Records.

The latest v15.1 is having problems doing Multi-Encodes, which I thought was fixed a while ago. I'm starting with a 24bit 44.1k WAV file and am doing a 256kMP3 and adding dithering to 16bit. At the same time I'm converting to another WAV with dither applied for a 16bit version. The process starts by creating file names for each version, then silently crawls to a halt.

I can do either of these encodes individually, so it's not a problem with the original files.

Ideas?

OS 10.9.5 on 2.4GHz 2x6 core MacPro 16GB RAM

Apologies to Spoon, I found the problem. Since I have a Mac with 24 processors, dBpoweramp uses them all... which is GREAT, except when it's trying to write 24 WAV files at one time. The poor little hard-drive I'm writing to just can't keep up.

Sorry for the accusation. ;-)

Super Moderator

The next update will add an option to limit the number of used threads (default: 8).

Also, curious: are you converting both from and to a spinning disk? From my experience, reading multiple files simultaneously is worse than writing as writing goes thru write cache which greatly reduces the amount of HDD seeking involved.

Hey guys, I'm wondering if there will be a version of the Monkeys Audio codecs for the OS X version. I've come up against a large crop of APE files in my library I need to convert to Apple Lossless, but can't find APE for the Mac version of dBpoweramp. Otherwise everything is going swimmingly for me on 15.2, thanks! :D

Administrator

It should make R16 of the OSX version.

Thanks, Spoon! :D

As a Mac user my existing uncompressed music files have the extension .aiff
    But dBpoweramp uses the Win like shortend extension .aif

So I have to rename all my new rips from dBp to have it consistent... which adds an unnecessary step.
    I didn't find a way to configure that in dBp? Could you tell me how, or add it to the next version? Pretty please!