title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology?

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology?

Quote Originally Posted by martyn62 View Post
    I get all the way until the end and then when I type ./AssetUPnP I get the message...

-ash: ./AssetUPnP: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Using a RS812+. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Think I've worked this out for myself. I'm trying to run an executable compiled for an ARM architecture on x86-64 architecture doh.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

On the one hand it is good Agent works on Synology Arm. On the other hand, Illustrate is charging money for software it will then not support? Hmm...

In the consumer market Synology and Qnap are equal in sales based on the numbers I have seen.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiCan View Post
    On the other hand, Illustrate is charging money for software it will then not support? Hmm...
    But isn't it so, that those people would buy deliberately a software for an unsupported hardware and platform? Hmm...

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    But isn't it so, that those people would buy deliberately a software for an unsupported hardware and platform? Hmm...

Dat Ei
    My point is merely that Illustrate is causing a grey area. On the one hand they sticky a thread on the company's forum that describes how to install AssetUPnP on Synology for ARM. On the other hand, they won't support it. Yet, through the link they indicate there is some support. So, how far does that go? No standard packaging and icons and all that. But there is support to install it. Does that also mean that when it installs but in the future there is a problem, there is help? Or no help? Or a little bit of help? And now we have gone from a categorical "not supported" to a "we try to enable on as many platforms as possible". So, what is the next step? Full support? Will this be it? Create clarity, communicate the plan.

dBpoweramp Guru

My point is merely that Illustrate is causing a grey area. On the one hand they sticky a thread on the company's forum that describes how to install AssetUPnP on Synology for ARM. On the other hand, they won't support it. Yet, through the link they indicate there is some support. So, how far does that go? No standard packaging and icons and all that. But there is support to install it. Does that also mean that when it installs but in the future there is a problem, there is help? Or no help? Or a little bit of help? And now we have gone from a categorical "not supported" to a "we try to enable on as many platforms as possible". So, what is the next step? Full support? Will this be it? Create clarity, communicate the plan.
    After reading this thread, it seems very clear to me.

"No current plans to release for Synology" and "Asset is not officially supported for Synology"

That does not mean you can't try it though.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    After reading this thread, it seems very clear to me.

"No current plans to release for Synology" and "Asset is not officially supported for Synology"

That does not mean you can't try it though.
    Yes, and then after 30 days I need to pay money. But I don't get the same aftercare. A statement like "if you can install it and run it, we'll support it." seems fairer to me.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, and then after 30 days I need to pay money.
    You don't need to pay. It's up to you and it's your personal decision to buy a software, that is not supported for your hardware.

But I don't get the same aftercare. A statement like "if you can install it and run it, we'll support it." seems fairer to me.
    Fairer? You expect a service that you did not and can not pay for, because nobody has offered this service.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, and then after 30 days I need to pay money. But I don't get the same aftercare. A statement like "if you can install it and run it, we'll support it." seems fairer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You don't need to pay. It's up to you and it's your personal decision to buy a software, that is not supported for your hardware.
    I agree with Dat Ei. The software is not supported for Synology, so the decision is yours. No-one is forcing you to buy Asset.

Hi MartinGr,

Can you help me to install it using a MAC? I don't have a Windows PC.