title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology?

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGr View Post
    I've just bought a 215j - and the instruction to install ASSET (the RaspberryPi version 4.6) worked perfectly. Everything seems to work.

Martin
    Yes you have a supported NAS (CPU). In the meantime I figured out that my NAS is based on another CPU
    http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewto...406074*p406074

The boxes use different processors (Intel Atom D525 vs ARMv71), so you'd have to find a binary built for your CPU.
    so I have the bad card :-(

melgoth

Quote Originally Posted by OldRocker View Post
    Hi,
    Good news for owners of a Synology NAS DS214SE or eq. (same ARM7 core)
    You can run Asset for Raspberry Pi on it.

Installation instructions for ASSET on Synology DS214SE

Enable the SSH-service (using port 10022) on the Synology NAS via the diskstation manager under control panel>Terminal and SNMP options

On a windows pc:
    Launch "Putty.exe" and open a PuTTy session:
    Host Name: diskstation (or IP address of synology NAS)
    Port: 10022
    Connection type: SSH

login as: root
    root@diskstation's password: ********** (enter here Synology's admin password)

cd /usr/bin
    mkdir asset
    chmod 777 asset
    cd asset

wget http://www.dbpoweramp.com/install/As...berryPi.tar.gz

tar -zxvf *.gz
    rm *.gz

cd /usr/bin/asset/bin
    ./AssetUPnP

Close PuTTy

Configure Asset with a web browser and the URL http://diskstation:45537

To autostart Asset, make an 'asset.conf' script file with 'Notepad'
    Content of the 'asset.conf' file:
    start on started synonetd
    stop on runlevel [06]
    exec /usr/bin/asset/bin/AssetUPnP

Copy the asset.conf script file from your pc to the /etc/init folder on your NAS.
    To do that? download 'WinSCP', install WinSCP and launch WinSCP
    Login with:
    File protocol: SFTP
    Address Host: diskstation (or IP address of synology NAS)
    Port: 10022
    user name: root
    password: ********** (enter here Synology's admin password)

Browse on the left window to the 'asset.conf' file
    Browse on the right window to the path: /etc/init
    Copy the 'asset.conf' file to the /etc/init folder
    Close WinSCP

Reboot the Synology NAS

Enjoy
    Hi,

Thanks so much for posting this; that's fantastic! I've followed the steps, and I've been able to get Asset UPnP working on my Synology NAS, so I'm really pleased.

The only trouble I'm having with it is getting it start up automatically. I couldn't S/FTP in to the root account, and a search online suggested that this is a common problem with DSM.

I therefore used Vi to create the file in the relevant directory, but when I restarted the NAS, Asset wasn't running.

Is there anything else I can try? If I could get it to start up with the NAS, that would be perfect.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best wishes,

Wilts_RM

I'm guessing that Asset is still not available for Synology? Having just bought both I'm rather hoping that it is..

Super Moderator

Asset is not officially supported for Synology devices. We do not provide a proper installer and currently do not plan on making one.

However, we put a lot of effort into making the generic Linux version of Asset as compatible as possible; as you can see from this thread, you can get it running as a generic Linux program on Linux powered NAS units.

Ok, thanks. That's well beyond my ability so I guess I'll have to chalk it up and move on.

Hi!

I'm still looking for a version for my NAS DS2411+ with Intel Atom D525. I would try to install it manually, based on the guide above, but I need the right build! I couldn't do it by my own. Is there a chance to get it?

Super Moderator

On Intel Atom, Linux x86 32-bit build would be the first thing to try.

When in doubt, try uploading each of them to the NAS, unpacking and starting up the main program manually over SSH to see if it runs or not.

ok thanks will try it

hey!
    have u tried it melgoth?
    im sad that asset upnp is not available for synology now, although community waiting for it is growing, nevertheless i ordered a ds216+ as my new nas wich has a intel celeron 64bit cpu, and i would like to ask what you guys think, wheter the debian intel 64bit manual installer might be working on this ship?
    appreciate any recommendations of you pros, as my knowledge is limited to follow instructions above, but not much more.
    thanks
    H

Hi hecaitomex!

I haven't done it until now. I'm not so familiar with Linux and have to prepare myself before doing this but got no time doing it. When finished I will post it here, but you have to be patience. - sorry for that.

best regards

thanks oldrocker, your posts let me hope that it might work.
    what i want to know is if u think wether it might work or not to install the debian intel 64 bit package on the ds216+, im asking because DSM isnt a debian distro.
    btw: for those having problems with getting root acces to the DS, before loggin in as root you have to login as admin (via SSH) and type: "sudo -i", thereafter you will be logged in as root, otherwise access will be denied.
    kind regards
    h

good news for owners of Intel-Based Synologys!
    just got my DS216+ and first thing i did was to install the "asset Upnp debian intel 64bit installer" following oldrockers instructions, and it works perfectly!
    only thing to add is that i do not get acces to my nas via SSH as root at first, its always neccessary to login as admin first, then type "sudo -i" and therafter you will have root acces, what is needed to copy the asset.conf into the init folder.
    i was not able to make this with winscp (because not knowing how to swicht from admin to root inside the running program), i just copied the asset.conf file via SMB (windows) into the music folder (used by ausiostation), startet putty, logged on as admin, switched to root, and copied the filde via "cp /volume1/music/asset.conf /etc/init" to the init folder, thats it.
    thanks for your help guys!
    h

Hello folks, I tried this on a DS415+ synology and it worked fine !
    Thanks !!
    Laurent

thx to hecaitomex & Laurent69 for their posts - fine to hear that asset Upnp works on DS216+ and DS415+
    and in special thx to hecaitomex for his explaining text

I get all the way until the end and then when I type ./AssetUPnP I get the message...

-ash: ./AssetUPnP: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Using a RS812+. Any help would be greatly appreciated.