title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and QNAP problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLP
    • May 2014

Asset and QNAP problems

I have purchased, downloaded and installed the Asset App on my QNAP; however, it doesn't auto detect any music files on the NAS.
    In "Configure", I manually input the file path from the QNAP into the Watched Media Folders box and then "Rescan all" but I still see:

Library Contains 0 Tracks, 0 Albums
    Version: R4.2; Functionality: Premium Registered

What am I doing wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset and QNAP problems

Which path have you set?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DLP
      • May 2014

share/flac/

Comment

• DLP
        • May 2014

Just tried :

/home/Music/Parsons_FLAC/flac
        which is the exact location on the NAS

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

check the path using SSH if you can, to check the path is right (from internally on the QNAP), normally Asset will auto detect the correct path.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DLP
            • May 2014

Thanks Spoon!
            I moved all the music files into the "Multimedia" default folder on the QNAP and designated that pathway into the "Watched Media Folders" box, hit Rescan and the App found everything.
            Currently enjoying all my music through the Simaudio Mind as (an internal component on the 380D DAC).
            Everything working perfectly.

Thanks again,
            DLP

Comment

• docmart
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
              check the path using SSH if you can, to check the path is right (from internally on the QNAP), normally Asset will auto detect the correct path.
              How do you do this? I don't know what SSH means, and can't seem to find any way of checking this path on my QNAP 219PII. It may well be that the problem I have described on Naim Forums (attached below) is just due to me having an incorrect directory path set, but I do wonder whether it is normal for Asset QNAP not to show any progress information when rescanning.

Attachment :

A little question for anyone out there who owns the version of Asset upnp for QNAP. Today I paid for and downloaded the x19 version for my QNAP P219II, First I did the firmware upgrade from QNAP which was suggested when I logged in to my NAS, and then installed Asset onto the QNAP as per the instructions.

I went into the configuration and as the suggested music source appeared correct (\Share\Multimedia), made one change which was to set FLAC to be transcoded to WAV. Clicked on APPLY, and was presented with a page saying Asset was restarting. After 30 minutes this was sill there. So I went back to the main page and clicked Rescan. The window just showed 'rescanning', but no progress report as I am used to seeing with Asset for Windows (running on my laptop), and on checking my NAS, none of the little flickering lights usually present when rescanning etc were flickering).

Hmmm. Uninstalled and reinstalled Asset QNAP. Tried again, same result. Had a bit of lateral thinking and changed the music source to just \Multimedia. Set it off again. This time, lots of flickering lights, but still no progress report (counting tracks, etc etc) on screen). After 2 hours lights still flickering. Looked at Asset QNAP via nStream - no music files seen (i.e. empty), checked with Twonky and Asset Windows - all my music appears to be present.

Normally, on the rare occasions when I have forced a complete rescan, it takes about 30-40 minutes. Is it just taking a long time as this is a new version of Asset? (I have 66903 tracks and nearly 5000 albums according to Asset Windows, totalling nearly 3TB). Is it normal for this Asset QNAP version not to show any progress information?

I will be trying to sort this out via the Asset Forum, as soon as I can persuade them to let me log-on (even been through the reset password for Asset Forum with no joy so far), but this will have to wait until tomorrow, as my patience this evening is now exhausted. However, I assume that if there is a problem it is probably something to do with where I am telling it to look for my music.

Mr Spoon on the Asset forum did say how to find out the exact path on the QNAP, but I'm afraid I didn't really understand what he said (probably me being a bit thick). So if anyone can tell me how to find out the path to my Multimedia directory, I would be grateful.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>\Share\Multimedia

Linux works with / so try:

/share/Multimedia/

It is also case sensitive on paths, so Share would be different to share.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• docmart
                  • Jan 2012

Thanks. I changed the folder path to /share/Multimedia, set it to rescan all, and left it overnight. This morning Asset QNAP is showing my music files.

Just 3 more questions/comments :

1. The drive lights are still flickering continuously on the QNAP NAS. Does that mean that a continuous rescan is still going on?

2. Asset for Windows shows some progress reports (counting tracks, etc) when rescanning, whether rescanning all or just for changes. Asset QNAP didn't show any progress reports even while doing last nights successful rescan. Is this normal behaviour for Asset QNAP? I ask because my habit with Asset for Windows has been to avoid trying to play music while a rescan is going on.

3. I noticed with Asset for Windows (on my laptop) that when my collection (or rather my progress in digitising my LPs etc) got to approximately 3000 albums, that Asset ceased to automatically pickup any additions to the library (although it had seemed to be doing so prior to this). Since then I have had to enter Asset Config, and tell it to detect changes. Will I still have to do that with Asset QNAP? If so, I will disable the timed rescans and perhaps stop the continually flickering drive lights on the NAS.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

1. Possibly
                    2. If you leave on the configuration page it will auto refresh and indicate on this page if there is any scanning happening:

The line where it says Library Contains...would indicate if scanning.

3. The qnap version cannot detect when new files arrive on arrival, only when it automatically recans (the default interval is once an hour).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>