title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Editing Browse Tree on QNAP

Editing Browse Tree on QNAP

I have purchased and installed the full release of Asset for QNAP, and am now wrestling with the editing page for the browse tree. The documentation that is available for the Linux/QNAP release is sketchy on the subject of the browse tree editing function. By trial and error I am gradually working out how to use it, but there are two things that are eluding me at present:

1. How do I add custom tags such as Orchestra and Conductor, which I use a lot?

2. How to I change the display order, as I only seem to be able to add or delete when editing?

FYI I do the editing in Safari on my iMac or iPad.

Administrator

Re: Editing Browse Tree on QNAP

1. Add an Orchestra or Conductor item to the tree, these items are scanned by default by asset.

2. if you edited the file:

/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Asset/bin/.dBpoweramp/AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4.txt

with an editor via SSH it is possible to rearrange (then restart Asset).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. Add an Orchestra or Conductor item to the tree, these items are scanned by default by asset.
    This works for Conductor, but Orchestra does not come up in the drop-down list of options when adding an item to the tree and I can see no way to add it manually. I am editing in Safari on my iMac.

Administrator

It is missing yes, we will add to a future update. For now the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4.txt can be edited (as found in /Users/[yourusername]/.dBpoweramp/ ) to manually add this line (follow the Conductor example adding to 2 lines if Conductor is on 2 lines).

It is missing yes, we will add to a future update. For now the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev4.txt can be edited (as found in /Users/[yourusername]/.dBpoweramp/ ) to manually add this line (follow the Conductor example adding to 2 lines if Conductor is on 2 lines).
    I have two copies of that text file. One is in a folder called uMediaLibrary, the other in a folder called uMediaLibrary-v2, both of which reside in the .dBpoweramp folder on my iMac. I am guessing that this might have arisen either because I originally had a beta version of Asset for QNAP installed, or because I had a version of Asset for Mac installed. Any idea which is the correct one to edit?

Super Moderator

Edit the uMediaLibrary-v2 folder please, you can discard the other one; it's a leftover from a very old beta.

Administrator

If you are running Asset on the QNAP, the you have to SSH into the QNAP and the file will be located in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Asset/bin/.dBpoweramp/

The folder you see on the MAC is because you must have had asset on the mac at some time.

If you are running Asset on the QNAP, the you have to SSH into the QNAP and the file will be located in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Asset/bin/.dBpoweramp/

The folder you see on the MAC is because you must have had asset on the mac at some time.
    Yes I did have the beta version of Asset for Mac installed but removed it when the QNAP beta became available as that suited my requirements much better. So presumably I can delete the entire .dBpoweramp folder from the Mac?

Editing files on the QNAP via SSH is getting into unknown and therefore uncomfortable territory for me. Although a confident computer user, on both Mac and before that Windows, I have no idea how to "SSH into the QNAP". Unless it is very simple and safe I think I might have to live with the problem until it is added via a future update.

Administrator

You can delete the folder yes.

SSH on the QNAP is not an easy thing.

You can delete the folder yes.

SSH on the QNAP is not an easy thing.
    Thanks for all your input on this, Spoon. Excellent support as always.