title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Prg. can't find DSP Effects

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klaatu
    • Feb 2003

Prg. can't find DSP Effects

I recently installed R15 (64-bit) but the program can't find the DSP Effects after I installed them. Double-clicking on the installer put them in Program Files (x86)/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/, not in Program Files/dBpoweramp. So I'm guessing it installed the 32-bit version rather than the 64-bit, which is why the CD Ripper can't find them. Is there a solution?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Prg. can't find DSP Effects

See:

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp. CD Writer CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.

You must still have 32 bit dBpoweramp installed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• klaatu
      • Feb 2003

The configuration tool says it's 64-bit. However, the previous version (14.4) is also still installed, and it's apparently not 16-bit. So I gather I should uninstall 14.4. Should I also uninstall v. 15 and DSP and re-install both from scratch after uninstalling the previous version?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can delete the old dbconfig.exe file as described in the link above.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• klaatu
          • Feb 2003

Deleting (actually, moving) that file and reinstalling the DSP effects did the trick -- thanks. I suppose I might as well uninstall v. 14.4. I gather some DSP effects are only available in 32-bit, but I only use Volume Normalize.

Comment

Working...

]]>