title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi encode not creating Artist folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jabberwockie
    • Apr 2014

Multi encode not creating Artist folders

Newbie here. Just found the multi encode option Up until now, I have been encoding flac lossless and then bulk converting all into Apple lossless. That was until I found the Multi encode option. Just tried it and noticed its not creating the artist folder like it was when I was just doing flac.

Is this the expected behavior?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multi encode not creating Artist folders

You control this with the naming item for each encoder, copy the naming value from the cd ripper main page to the multi-encoder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jabberwockie
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      You control this with the naming item for each encoder, copy the naming value from the cd ripper main page to the multi-encoder.
      OK - I did as you said and it works now.
      It doesn't seem very intuitive though.
      To be honest - I'm not sure where this value (below naming string) originally came from but I would half expect it to populate in the multi-encode by default so a user doesn't need to copy and paste it (just my 2 cents though)
      [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jabberwockie
        OK - I did as you said and it works now.
        It doesn't seem very intuitive though.
        To be honest - I'm not sure where this value (below naming string) originally came from but I would half expect it to populate in the multi-encode by default so a user doesn't need to copy and paste it (just my 2 cents though)
        [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]
        but with multiencode, one may want a different dynamic naming string for each CODEC being used as the songs may be stored differently (for different purposes), e.g., FLAC lossless files on home server and mp3 files created for use in a car system, on a portable device (which requires a specific (different) directory structure, etc.

Comment

Working...

]]>