title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Last track always fails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PepsiCan
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2014

Last track always fails

Hi

I'm faced with the following situation. With every CD that I rip, the last track fails with errors. When I then rip the last track in Burst mode, the rip is succesful and AccurateRip shows success. What setting have I got wrong. This is with the most current DBPoweramp version under Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-bit.

Typically, the error looks as follows:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 15' to 'D:\Public\Music\Eagles\Hell Freezes Over\15 Eagles - Desperado.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

On the last track, the 1st pass runs, then the Ultra Secure pass runs. As soon as that is finished, the track is flagged as having errors. This always happens on the last track. Ripping the track in burst then gives me a rip that AccurateRip flags as accurate.

Ideas anyone as to what I am doing wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Last track always fails

Do you have overread into lead in out enabled? it should be off.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PepsiCan
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Do you have overread into lead in out enabled? it should be off.
      Yes, it was enabled. And now things work better. I get all green crc scores now. But the last track can still not be ripped. This does confirm my suspicion that my settings are incorrect.

What does the overread actually do, just to be clear?

Comment

• PepsiCan
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2014

Furthermore, I get this information
        Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 15' to 'D:\Public\Music\Eagles\Hell Freezes Over\15 Eagles - Desperado.flac'
        ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 118 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
        Track 15: Ripped LBA 314452 to 333592 (4:15) in 0:54. Filename: D:\Public\Music\Eagles\Hell Freezes Over\15 Eagles - Desperado.flac
        Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 118 Frames]
        Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 118 Frames]
        ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 118 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames

It seems there are too many frames to re-rip as I followed the instructions and set the maximum to 100. When I did a re-rip with a maximum of 150, the process finished with this message.
        Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 15' to 'D:\Public\Music\Eagles\Hell Freezes Over\15 Eagles - Desperado.flac'
        Track 15: Ripped LBA 314452 to 333592 (4:15) in 2:59. Filename: D:\Public\Music\Eagles\Hell Freezes Over\15 Eagles - Desperado.flac
        AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 21) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 118 Frames]
        CRC32: 52E2C506 AccurateRip CRC: 918426E4 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 015-00268c85-01bff3c2-ec115f0f-15]
        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv2 918426e4]
        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 22 [CRCv1 7d32dcf7]
        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 51 [CRCv2 ce72bb8c], Using Pressing Offset -94
        AccurateRip Verified Confidence 102 [CRCv1 b84c7dbd], Using Pressing Offset -94

But that is a bit gobbledigook to me.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Disable c2 pointers, perhaps your drive does not support them correctly.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eaglescout1998
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2009

Sometimes, for whatever reason, a track won't rip accurately (or securely). Most of the time, this can be resolved by re-ripping the track with a second disc drive.

Since your problems only seem to affect the last track, one thing I would check is if there are any fingerprints along the outer edge of the disc. That can happen if you don't handle the discs just right and it can affect the laser's ability to read the disc. Now, if it's happening on every CD rather than on just a few, your guess is as good as mine.
            Last edited by eaglescout1998; 04-26-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• PepsiCan
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
              Disable c2 pointers, perhaps your drive does not support them correctly.
              I'll try although my LG Blu-ray drive does support it and DBPoweramp's test came back positive.

Comment

• PepsiCan
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by eaglescout1998
                Sometimes, for whatever reason, a track won't rip accurately (or securely). Most of the time, this can be resolved by re-ripping the track with a second disc drive.

Since your problems only seem to affect the last track, one thing I would check is if there are any fingerprints along the outer edge of the disc. That can happen if you don't handle the discs just right and it can affect the laser's ability to read the disc. Now, if it's happening on every CD rather than on just a few, your guess is as good as mine.
                Things have gotten better. Spoon's first tip meant that in the end I got the CDs to completely rip in one go. But the Frame Re-read rate had to be set as high as 130. It seems that the last track of each CD have an abnormal nr of frames that need to be re-read. Dirty fingers is not a problem here. I take care of my discs and it is with all discs, not just a few.

A bit trial and error I guess. I mean, my last log indicates, I believe, that the rips are now accurate. So, perhaps some experimentation?

Comment

• PepsiCan
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by PepsiCan
                  I'll try although my LG Blu-ray drive does support it and DBPoweramp's test came back positive.
                  With C2 turned off the whole CD rips in one go. And no re-ripping of frames. To illustrate the 'before' and 'after', the top one is with C2 on, the bottom one is a different CD with C2 off.

Track 15: Ripped LBA 314452 to 333592 (4:15) in 2:54. Filename: D:\Public\Music\Eagles\Hell Freezes Over\15 Eagles - Desperado.flac
                  AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 21) [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 2, Re-Rip 129 Frames]
                  CRC32: 52E2C506 AccurateRip CRC: 918426E4 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 015-00268c85-01bff3c2-ec115f0f-15]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv2 918426e4]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 22 [CRCv1 7d32dcf7]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 51 [CRCv2 ce72bb8c], Using Pressing Offset -94
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 102 [CRCv1 b84c7dbd], Using Pressing Offset -94

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'D:\Public\Music\Empire of the Sun\Walking on a Dream\01 Empire of the Sun - Standing on the Shore.flac'
                  Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 19896 (4:25) in 0:13. Filename: D:\Public\Music\Empire of the Sun\Walking on a Dream\01 Empire of the Sun - Standing on the Shore.flac
                  AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 161) [Pass 1]
                  CRC32: 316BD8B1 AccurateRip CRC: 5A8A76E8 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-000faa01-007e9992-8e0a420a-1]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 161 [CRCv2 5a8a76e8]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 160 [CRCv1 d78a0ec3]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 161 [CRCv2 5a8a76e8]
                  AccurateRip Verified Confidence 160 [CRCv1 d78a0ec3]

Looks good?

Comment

• eaglescout1998
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2009

Just out of curiosity, when performing the C2 test, how much time passes before a C2 error was detected? If it happens almost immediately, then it's most likely a false positive, in which case, enabling C2 pointers won't be of any use.

Comment

• PepsiCan
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by eaglescout1998
                      Just out of curiosity, when performing the C2 test, how much time passes before a C2 error was detected? If it happens almost immediately, then it's most likely a false positive, in which case, enabling C2 pointers won't be of any use.
                      Gotcha. And yes, that is what happened. So much for the tick-on-the-box.

I think this is solved now. Thank you everyone for your quick and to-the-point responses. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Working...

]]>