title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

All the fuss about old plextors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Funkoid
    • Apr 2014

All the fuss about old plextors

So I'm hearing the general quality / worth in newer plextor models is misplaced these days. I've heard it said that they're essentially made up from components from different manufacturers and not actual plextor constructed drives, they're just rebadged? Is expect them to use components from other manufacturers that makes sense but I'm hearing that the drives themselves are essentially other brands models? Is there any truth in this? And if so, what brand drive are you actually buying when you get a modern plextor? Am I safe in saying they still modify the firmware and add plextor trickery into the units if they still sell it as a brand?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: All the fuss about old plextors

The best plextor a 220a was just a rebadged drive. With accuraterip the difference is that the better drives can recover CDs which other drives cannot, however for 99% of CDs the drives are the same.

Comment

• TC'97
      • Jun 2014

Re: All the fuss about old plextors

This is nothing new. Back in the 1990s, many HP manufactured(?) CD-R drives were in fact developed and built by Philips.

Comment

Working...

]]>