title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Long time Read

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • husker
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Long time Read

Hopefully someone can help.

I purchased the family addition in January, and have been happily ripping CDs since on two computers. One computer is fine, but the other is not. For the past week, it has started taking upwards of 120 seconds to read the CDs in the drives. They are two different types of drives, and they are both taking equally long. This only started a week or so ago. Any suggestions?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Long time Read

As a test, rip to a local HDD and set the ripping method to Burst, and encoder to 'Test Conversion', if that works at normal speed then gradually switch back options until you can find out the cause.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• husker
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

I am referring to the speed that DbPA "reads" the disk when it is first inserted, not the rip speed. I have the program up, and pop a CD in. In Windows explorer, I see it right away as an audio disk. However, in the program itself, it says "Reading Disk" for a minute or two before it displays the tracks, pulls metadata, etc.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

One of the metadata providers will be down, try unchecking them and add them in until you find the culprit.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• husker
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

My other computer's drives are operating just fine at the same time, so I don't think it is a meta data provider.

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

It is worth a try, also when you put the cd into the system, if you look in windows explorer the cd drive should show as an audio cd within 10 seconds, if it does not then it will be hardware related.

Comment

• husker
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
              It is worth a try, also when you put the cd into the system, if you look in windows explorer the cd drive should show as an audio cd within 10 seconds, if it does not then it will be hardware related.
              As I said earlier in the thread, Windows Explorer does see the disk as an audio CD immediately.

Comment

Working...

]]>