title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset and iTunes

Asset and iTunes

Hi all!

So, I am interested in streaming my iTunes library to a PS Audio DAC. It has the ability to render my music through it's "Bridge." I have been waiting a long time for their Wavestream program that, if I understand correctly, will essentially do PC Sound Card Streaming. Well, its been awhile.

Will Asset do this? I'm hoping to avoid another music management program, and not use wifi and a mobile device to control my music. I can do that, but I'm just trying to keep it simple.

Also, will Asset grab and serve the file before any up/downsampling, etc. so it is bit perfect?

I'd love to press play on iTunes on our computer and just listen in the next room!

As always, thanks for the info!

Administrator

Re: Asset and iTunes

UPnP works better than relying on an audio player, yes you can do this with sound card capture, however the best way is to have Asset index the iTunes tracks, an use a Control point (could be on an iPad) to control the 'bridge', it will play the tracks direct from Asset >> bridge, you select the tracks away from the computer.

Thank you!

A couple more questions...

1. Do you recommend a particular control point, and is there one that works directly on the PC... without the need for an iPad etc?
    2. Does Asset play the file in its native resolution, whether I use PC capture or Asset and a control point?
    3. Will this asset/control point setup do gapless?

Thanks again!

Administrator

1. You can try Asset Control, it is in the Testing section of this forum.
    2. It will capture always at CD quality
    3. no, upnp is not natively gapless.

Thank you for the help!