title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: folders & filename browsing naim n-stream

folders & filename browsing naim n-stream

Hi again

When I used Logitech Slimserver upnp and the folder view i could browse my music folder with naim n-stream app, showing exact names of subfolders.

With Folders & filename browsing, still using naim n-stream app, it seems to bundle albums by artist?

For example instead of the true folder name "Bob Dylan - Album X", I see 5 folders named "Bob Dylan".

How can i get to see the true folder structure?

Cheers
    Martin

Administrator

Re: folders & filename browsing naim n-stream

Try asset control as a test (in the testing section of this forum), when you browse does it show the folders as they exist?

Using asset control, folders & filename browsing does indeed show folders as they exist (that is, with the true folder name "Artist - album", instead of "Artist").

Administrator

It is likely it is the control point which is filtering this.

it seems you are right!

When browse directly from the Naim Unitique - folders are shown correctly.

The N-stream app seems to be the problem. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the app?
    The problem exists when "UPnP compatibility mode" is turned off. When I turn it on, folders are shown as they exist (although this mode is pretty slow).
    Do you have any idea to overcome this problem? As mentioned Logitech Slimserver folderview worked correctly.

Next question has to be: WHEN is Asset Control coming out in a stable iphone release? :-)

Cheers
    Martin

Now also testet with Plex Media Server UPnP qpkg - using n-stream and vieweing plex's "by folder"-view shows folder structure correctly.

So it seems browsing by folder with n-stream is correct with Logitech Slimserver and Plex, but not quite with Asset upnp (both Pi and Qnap upnp servers).

Further investigation of problem:
    It seems that the separator "-" causes the problem.
    That is, folder labelled "Artist - Album" only show up as Artist. Folders labelled "Artist Album" without "-" shows correct.