title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Starting from scratch using dBPowerAmp - do we need PerfectTUNES?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougB59
    • Apr 2014

Starting from scratch using dBPowerAmp - do we need PerfectTUNES?

My son and I plan to convert our fairly extensive CD collection to FLAC and MP3 files. We have used iTunes in the past, but plan to start over and re-rip all our CDs. In other words, we don't need to convert or save any existing music files on our computer - everything will be sourced from our original CDs. From what I've read, dBPowerAmp seems to be one of the best products for doing this. I will probably purchase the family pack so we can have it on several computers. I have a few questions:

(1) Do we need/want PerfectTUNES? I can see that it could be very helpful if we already had a large library of music files to clean up, and to which we wanted to add album art and other metadata, but if I'm understanding correctly, dBPowerAmp will take care of this initially when we rip the CDs, so is there any significant advantage to having PerfectTUNES if we are starting from scratch and doing everything with dBPowerAmp?

(2) If we purchase the family pack of dBPowerAmp, and then decide after a week or two that we want PerfectTUNES as well, can we still get the 25% discount when we buy it, or do we have to purchase it at the same time as dBPowerAmp to get the discount?

(3) How much hassle is it to convert from the trial version to the full version of dBPowerAmp, and what do we miss if we spend some time ripping CDs using the trial version? It seem like I read that some functionality isn't provided in the trial version, but I don't recall what it was. Having to uninstall the trial version and then reinstall the full version sounds like it could be a pain, but it would be nice to at least see how the software works before we commit to it (though I'm 99% sure its what we want).

Thanks for your help with our rookie questions.

Doug
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Starting from scratch using dBPowerAmp - do we need PerfectTUNES?

1) You are correct, it is for people with existing tracks.

2) The 25% discount is available after a Reference Purchase.

3) You uninstall trial, install registered version.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey Doug,

I have asked the same questions myself a few weeks ago, before I've started to convert my collection (~2.000 CDs) from the scratch. I've ordered dBPowerAmp plus PerfectTunes because PerfectTunes gives you the right tool for searching for hi res cover pictures again if you just find a low res picture at the moment of the initial ripping.
      Just ripped about the half of my collection I can attest that you will find a lot of hi res pictures (>800px * 800px), but not in all cases.

Just my 2 Cents

Dat Ei

Comment

• DougB59
        • Apr 2014

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>