title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Db poeramp cd ripper not responding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnly
    • Dec 2013

Db poeramp cd ripper not responding

Hi After ripping some cd's on Monday (to FLAC) for storing on my NAS drive, my computer made a strange noise on start up yesterday and I'm now getting "not responding" message when trying to open cd ripper. I am seeing the screen but it will not let me do anything. Cd drive seems ok (opening in I tunes) and when I look in configuration, there is a small red line through part of the db ripper icon which I do not think was there before. Any ideas on this one ?. Is it worth going to system restore and going back to Sunday or is it something more fundamental ?. Any help gratefully received (PS I am VERY non computer literate so easy steps please)
    Thanks John
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Db poeramp cd ripper not responding

Originally posted by Johnly
    Hi After ripping some cd's on Monday (to FLAC) for storing on my NAS drive, my computer made a strange noise on start up yesterday and I'm now getting "not responding" message when trying to open cd ripper. I am seeing the screen but it will not let me do anything. Cd drive seems ok (opening in I tunes) and when I look in configuration, there is a small red line through part of the db ripper icon which I do not think was there before. Any ideas on this one ?. Is it worth going to system restore and going back to Sunday or is it something more fundamental ?. Any help gratefully received (PS I am VERY non computer literate so easy steps please)
    Thanks John
    restoring to sunday may not solve problem, but it can't hurt to try that step. You won't lose any data.

Comment

• Johnly
      • Dec 2013

Hi Gary, The restore wants to take me back a month to when some anti virus software was installed by a colleague. Db worked well after that so I don't think that's the issue. Any further thoughts ? Thanks John

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Post a screen shot of this icon with the red line through it please.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnly
          • Dec 2013

dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Reference
          Release 14.2
          DSP Effects: Release 7

Asset UPnP: UPnP (DLNA) Audio Server

dBpoweramp CD Writer:
          Audio CD burning simplicity
          Hi Spoon
          Sorry, copied to clipboard and only got the text, not the icon. Not good with computers, can you advise where I'm going wrong
          Thanks, John

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Press print screen, then load 'Paint' (in Start menu), paste the image, save it as a PNG file, then add this file as an attachment to your next post.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnly
              • Dec 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD ripper screen print.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	292685
              Hi Spoon, has this worked ?. Sorry for my dumbness