title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PerfectTunes R1.7

Administrator

Re: PerfectTunes R1.7

Please zip up your:

%appdata%\PerfectTUNES

folder

No hang for me either when it had always hung previously (last tested with 1.5) - thanks.

I've got a lot of repeated compilation albums with small numbers of tracks reported as 'cannot check' in AccurateRip, and it looks like this is because AccurateRip groups tracks into albums based on the ensemble tag.

Many of my compilation albums have compilation=1 and no albumartist or album artist tags, but do have ensemble tags, the values of which can vary within a compilation album. This seems valid - I would have thought that albumartist must be identical for all tracks in an album, compilation or not, but that the same isn't true for ensemble.

If I'm abusing the ensemble tag then I'll change my tagging (thought it would all have come from music dbs), but if not, would you change AccurateRip to not group by ensemble, for compilations at least?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    I've got a lot of repeated compilation albums with small numbers of tracks reported as 'cannot check' in AccurateRip, and it looks like this is because AccurateRip groups tracks into albums based on the ensemble tag.

Many of my compilation albums have compilation=1 and no albumartist or album artist tags, but do have ensemble tags, the values of which can vary within a compilation album. This seems valid - I would have thought that albumartist must be identical for all tracks in an album, compilation or not, but that the same isn't true for ensemble.

If I'm abusing the ensemble tag then I'll change my tagging (thought it would all have come from music dbs), but if not, would you change AccurateRip to not group by ensemble, for compilations at least?
    I didn't think accuraterip used any tags in its analysis. I believe you do need to have the tracks for an album in their own subdirectory.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I didn't think accuraterip used any tags in its analysis. I believe you do need to have the tracks for an album in their own subdirectory.
    These albums are all contained within their own folders. I thought I had seen posts about albums being grouped / separated by virtue of their album name and album artist tags, but I could be mistaken.

It looks very much as though it is using tags, however, as I am seeing compilation albums being split into multiple albums in the 'Cannot Check' category on the basis of the ensemble tag (or it could equally be the artist tag, from the albums I've checked, but you definitely wouldn't expect this issue to arise because tracks in a compilation had various artists).

Each part-album is listed by album name and artist/ensemble name, the reason given for each part-album being in the 'Cannot Check' category is 'Incomplete Album', and it displays the correct number of tracks for the given album/ensemble/artist.

dBpoweramp Guru

as a data point, I'm not seeing any issues on my end with compilation CDs (with or without an Album Artist). I don't use ensemble on any of my CDs however. So that *could* be a difference. I'd take one of the albums ensemble that doesn't work, edit tags to remove ensemble, then try AR again. Does that solve the problem? If not, then it is not the ensemble tag. (Spoon will have to confirm, but I'm still thinking that tags are irrelevant to the AR match...but I certainly could be wrong about this).

I'd take one of the albums ensemble that doesn't work, edit tags to remove ensemble, then try AR again. Does that solve the problem?
    Just tried that and indeed removing the ensemble tag has resolved the problem, so it's looking very much like the ensemble tag was responsible for the issue.

Just for completeness, the only other thing I did differently was to point accuraterip at that album's folder instead of the whole library, so that I could do the test in a reasonable amount of time (and just retested against my entire Compilations folder).

Btw there's an 'Album matching grouped by folder' setting which has always been selected in my testing.

Also should add that I haven't entered this ensemble data myself, it came from tag dbs.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    Just tried that and indeed removing the ensemble tag has resolved the problem, so it's looking very much like the ensemble tag was responsible for the issue.

Just for completeness, the only other thing I did differently was to point accuraterip at that album's folder instead of the whole library, so that I could do the test in a reasonable amount of time (and just retested against my entire Compilations folder).

Btw there's an 'Album matching grouped by folder' setting which has always been selected in my testing.

Also should add that I haven't entered this ensemble data myself, it came from tag dbs.
    interesting. That certainly kills my tags not used theory. Hopefully Spoon can clarify all this. (As another test, what if you choose only the single album folder but do include ensemble tag. Does that work? Just to test the selection method versus the tag.

interesting. That certainly kills my tags not used theory. Hopefully Spoon can clarify all this. (As another test, what if you choose only the single album folder but do include ensemble tag. Does that work? Just to test the selection method versus the tag.
    Testing the single album folder, both with and without 'Album matching selected:
    Various ensemble tags present -> album separated by ensembles and deemed uncheckable (a bug, I believe)
    No ensemble tags present -> album shown as a single album and confirmed accurate

Happy now?

Administrator

@DownwardSpiral - what are the exact numbers shown in the drop list (on a clean run, and after a reload)? ie:

xxx Albums with Ripping Errors
    xxx Accurately Ripped
    xxx Albums Cannot Check
    xxxx Total Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @DownwardSpiral - what are the exact numbers shown in the drop list (on a clean run, and after a reload)? ie:

xxx Accurately Ripped
    xxx Albums Cannot Check
    xxxx Total Albums
    After clean run

19 Albums with Ripping Errors
    1719 Accurately Ripped
    102 Albums not present in AccurateRip
    4675 Albums Cannot Check
    6515 Total Albums

First run after clean run (with no changes or additions to library)

12 Albums with Ripping Errors
    102 Albums not present in AccurateRip
    0 Accurately Ripped
    4675 Albums Cannot Check
    6515 Total Albums

A clean run takes several hours, but a repeat run only takes a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

xxx Accurately Ripped
    xxx Albums Cannot Check
    xxxx Total Albums
    The results of the repeat run do not specifically say 0 albums accurately ripped, they just don't have a line giving that detail.

Clean run:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iutwtu1pah...2008.34.33.png

Repeat run:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nitao1ibt6...2009.13.30.png

Any thoughts to what is causing this?

Administrator

It will be looked at in the next few weeks hopefully.