title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No Meta Data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bg02478
    • Mar 2014

No Meta Data

I just loaded the 21 day trial version of dBpoweramp.
    I can rip CDs, but I cannot get any metadata (tags, album art).
    Is the feature missing from the trial version? Do I need to register for access to the databases?
    Is there any setup required?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No Meta Data

No restrictions, even if the trial ends you should still have freedb providing metadata.

Check that no security or firewall software has CD ripper blocked and that the option (in dBpoweramp configuration) 'Allow dBpoweramp to access internet' is checked'.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bg02478
      • Mar 2014

Spoon,

Thanks, it was my firewall.

Comment

• Thx1326
        • Apr 2014

I have thousands of files that are either 320k wma files or lossless flac files. All were ripped and/or converted and tagged with dbPoweramp 14.2. I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 PRO 64 bit on my laptop which required re-installing dbPoweramp. All of the Flac files are fine. However, NONE of the .wma files now have metadata, id3 tags or album art. They all play fine... just no data. I tried the same files on the same external drive on my older machine - and all the data is there (same OS, version, etc). Plug the same external drive into my newer laptop which was working fine before - and no tags or meta data.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Perhaps the files never had these tags? and they were held in the Windows Media Player?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>