title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Ripper & Nimbie NB11 USB

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apdel
    • Mar 2014

Batch Ripper & Nimbie NB11 USB

Hello all,

After two days of various frustration I can not avoid the conclusion that batch ripper simply does not work with the NB11. Various faults include :

- Hanging during rips
    - Refusal to eject CD
    - When it does rip a CD, it does not load the next one
    - Unable to configure the batch program itself ( must launch other programs to configure )
    - Hangs, requiring reboot

This comes after several of the following :
    - reboots
    - re-installs
    - Special clearing of data files related to db* using executable tool ( as recommended in these forums )
    - re-loading driver(s)
    - " Turning it on and off again "
    - Enabling antivirus
    - Disabling antivirus
    - " You have a virus " ( no , I don't having validated that by checking several methods )

At the very best I was able to rip one cd out of 6 that I loaded into the Nimbie, but after that it simply stopped. It refused to allow me to unload/eject the disc, nor could I load the next disc, etc.

At this point I'm looking for recommendations for software that does work with the Nimbie. Anyone have a success story?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Ripper & Nimbie NB11 USB

>- Hangs, requiring reboot

What hangs? your whole computer? and the mouse freezes?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pantau
      • Oct 2012

Hi
      I installed batch ripper today. And it didn't work at all. The Nimbie NB11 USB didn't make any movement. Then I chanched the settings from "auto eject -manual load" to "nimbie" and it worked.
      What is wrong with this setting. Spoon, why do you recommend it the other way round.

Regards
      Beat Graf

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have a nimbie, you use the Nimbie setting. I would only recommend the auto eject manual load, to test cd ripping works correctly without the loading mechanism.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pantau
          • Oct 2012

Thanks

So I misunderstood your guidleine, where you recommend "auto eject manual load" for Nimbie,

Cheers
          Beat

Comment

• apdel
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            >- Hangs, requiring reboot

What hangs? your whole computer? and the mouse freezes?
            So after some soul searching, and much trial and error it turns out there was a bad drive in the Nimbie. Their tech support ( awesome! ) sent me a replacement. Sadly my trial had expired by the time it all came together , so I ended up purchasing R15. It took some severe tinkering to get the paid version working with batch ripper ( errors galore! ) but as of right now it appears to be ripping. There is no progress bar or info while the disc is ripping apparently , just a timer showing elapsed time and the name of the CD being ripped. One can hope, right ?

Edit : Ah ! I now have a progress indicator. Apparently the ripping process was hung on a pop-under for some ' extra ' service about cd accuracy and so on. Once I dismissed the pop-under the process took off!

My only complaint would be that handling of box sets is green-checked as a " feature " in the paid version - but it is not so. I have a few box sets that were severely mangled ( wrong track data , wrong disc number, etc ). Mayhap an update sometime ?
            Last edited by apdel; 05-03-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Often discs in a box set are released singular, or as parts of other box sets.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>