title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Assett for Qnap

Assett for Qnap

Hello,
    I am attempting the install the beta for Qnap on my T-220 but have been unable to get the file in the app center? Any ideas oh how to install the application manually?
    ty,
    marc

Administrator

Re: Assett for Qnap

You have clicked 'Install Manually' and browsed to your computer and set the install?

yes, and i think the problem is the file extension we have is .dmg...we get a file format error

Hi Spoon,
    It appears I have made some progress. Asset is installed and i know it is working because i can see it on the tracks in the n-stream application for my Naim ND5XS, however it isnt recognizing new music i put in the media folder and im not sure how to save an organize my music files, etc, the only page i get is a the configuration page. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Marc

Asset functionality is intermittent. Sometimes working - up to a point. Sometimes not available at all. At all times the Asset configuration panel shows STATUS "not running" even when Asset is working - although when I say working it is only accessing a small portion of my music library. All in all it is very frustrating and I am beginning to wish I had never heard of Asset because asset it certainly isn't.
    Gary H

Administrator

@gary Running on a qnap?

marc: to detect new tracks you open the asset configuration page and choose rescan 'detect changes'

thank you, asset is updating every 5 minutes and transcoding flac to wave, but it now has started to assign the same album art to all my new downloads...lol..im must be doing somethin incorrect?

Administrator

Perhaps you have them all saved in one folder with a file folder.jpg?

Ideally each album is stored in its own folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @gary Running on a qnap?

marc: to detect new tracks you open the asset configuration page and choose rescan 'detect changes'
    I have tried "detect changes" but it does not make any difference.

I have tried "detect changes" but it makes no difference.

Administrator

Gary which qnap model NAS do you have?

saving albums to folders many of them contain the art in a file named "cover.jpeg", but im not getting the art, am i doing something wrong?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by marc0209 View Post
    saving albums to folders many of them contain the art in a file named "cover.jpeg", but im not getting the art, am i doing something wrong?
    not using Qnap, but all my art files are "cover.jpg" rather than "cover.jpeg" Could this be the issue?