title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Acousticsounds.com DSD albums, compatibility with CD Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Khaos_Dj
    • Feb 2014

Acousticsounds.com DSD albums, compatibility with CD Ripper?

Just want to know if I purchase an album in DSD format from acousticsounds.com, will I be able to convert it to (let say) AIFF/FLAC/WAV without any problems?

I read somewhere that CD Ripper only supported one of the two DSD formats or something like that. That was, however, with versions prior to 15.

I want to make sure Im going to be able to create an AIFF file that I can add to iTunes without a problem so that it can then sync to my iPhone.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Acousticsounds.com DSD albums, compatibility with CD Ripper?

See:

DSD (Direct Stream Digtal) is the audio format used for Super Audio CDs (SACD). This codec is able to decode .dff files (DSD Interchange File Format). At this time of writing, it is not possible to read the audio from a SACD disc as no PC based drives exist. DSD is an unusual format in that it is 1 bit with a very high sample
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Khaos_Dj
      • Feb 2014

Hi Spoon

Im so sorry. I just re-read my first post and I mixed things up. I dont know why I said "CD Ripper" instead of Music Converter.

I did read that thread before posting my question, but I still had a few doubts remaining due to the fact that I recently learned about DSD.

What I want is to purchase DSD albums from acousticsounds and use dbpoweramp Music Converter to convert the album into AIFF so that I can then add it to iTunes (AIFF because I like the ID Tag support unlike Wav). Will I be able to do this with R15?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It depends on which format they use (there are 3 different containers, and 64 bit / 128 bit mode), dBpoweramp is compatible with the files types listed and 64 bit.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Khaos_Dj
          • Feb 2014

Ok so there are 3 formats: .dff .dsf
          What is the third one? Why is it not supported?

About the 64-bit and 128-bit, thats the sample depth right? Why is 128-bit not supported?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The others are not supported because they are rare and it is not worth our time currently to implement.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>