title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Create a good rip from two bad ones ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewFG
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2010

Create a good rip from two bad ones ??

I have two copies of the same CD, and unfortunately both copies of the CD have ripping errors on the same track. I suppose that the errors are not in exactly the same place on both CDs, so I wonder if there is some way that I could assemble one good rip from the good parts of these two bad rips?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Create a good rip from two bad ones ??

dBpoweramp cannot do this.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Digitoxin
      • Apr 2014

You could rip both discs as .wav files. As long as both discs are exactly the same except for the problem track, you should be able to use a hex editor to do a diff comparison of both rips of the problem track and then transplant information from one .wav file to the other. This will only work if both tracks are exact duplicates except for the problem areas.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Digitoxin
        You could rip both discs as .wav files. As long as both discs are exactly the same except for the problem track, you should be able to use a hex editor to do a diff comparison of both rips of the problem track and then transplant information from one .wav file to the other. This will only work if both tracks are exact duplicates except for the problem areas.
        check out CUETOOLS for a version of what you're suggesting.

Comment

Working...

]]>