title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Jukebox Album playback not working with Dynamic Playlists

Jukebox Album playback not working with Dynamic Playlists

Hi,

I recently purchased Asset after using the free version for awhile because I wanted access to the Dynamic Playlist function. With the rather scarce instructions on how to use it, I figured it out, but there is a problem. Once I have specified my 'selectors', starting to play a "Jukebox Random" playlist will play ONLY the first song on the playlist and then stop.

In other words, if I choose "Dynamic Playlist" and then select Genre = "Classical", I am then returned to the Dynamic Playlist screen, with the addition of the new selections which allow "Jukebox Album Selection". If I just put the cursor on that entry and press the "play" button on my device (an Integra DHC-80.3) all that plays is the first album on the playlist, and it then stops.

How do I get it to play the entire playlist, which would be all of my classical albums? It's useless to have a playlist where you have to keep pressing "play" to get the next entry to play!

Thanks,
    bob

Administrator

Re: Jukebox Album playback not working with Dynamic Playlists

What happens if you play an album? does it play the 2nd track after first automatically?

I have organized all of my classical music (90% of my collection) so that the meaning of "album" is a single piece by a composer, with the "titles" or tracks being the individual movements of that piece. So, for example, Beethoven Symphony *5 is the "album" and the 4 movements of that symphony are the "tracks" or "titles" in that "album."

So, if I choose to play the "album" Beethoven Symphony *5, all four tracks will play in succession, which is what I want.

However, the "dynamic playlist" that I'm describing shows albums (an individual work by a composer) when I select option to display the random playlist by album, but when I press play only the FIRST album (piece) will play. I've tried this over and over, and it will simply not continue to play the second "album" (piece) in the random playlist.

Administrator

This is down to your player 100%, asset simply presents a list of files, like when you browse. The list presented if an album or in the dynamic playlist are the same, if you can see them on the screen of your player, then there is nothing asset can do differently.