title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R1.6 AccurateRip Still Hanging

Administrator

Re: R1.6 AccurateRip Still Hanging

If everyone can reply, which Windows version they have, and where the files are located (local hdd, pooled HDD, network share).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If everyone can reply, which Windows version they have, and where the files are located (local hdd, pooled HDD, network share).
    I'm having the same problem. The program hangs on "Checking with AccuateRip." In my case, it is about 5% (maybe less) of the way through. I am using Windows 8.1 and a local USB HDD. I have about 38,000 tracks. In my previous attempt (I cleared the database before the second attempt), it hung at about 50% of the way through.
    Last edited by kschac; 03-23-2014 at 07:20 AM.

My PerfectTunes worked perfectly with 35,500 songs, until I updated to R1.6 earlier today. My "Checking with AccurateRip" only stops when it reaches my most recent additions, perhaps the last 0.1%.

Is there any way of re-installing the original version that I was using (R1.4)? The link I received when I originally purchased dBpoweramp now only gives me access to R1.6.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am running Windows 7. When scanning a library of 12000 tracks on a USB HDD it works fine. But when scanning a much smaller library on a network share (HDD on another Windows 7 machine) it freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewFG View Post
    I am running Windows 7. When scanning a library of 12000 tracks on a USB HDD it works fine. But when scanning a much smaller library on a network share (HDD on another Windows 7 machine) it freezes.
    I am also running Windows 7, with all of my files consolidated on a local HDD. Until I updated to R1.6, Perfect Tunes worked flawlessly on 35.5k tracks.

I'm guessing that there's no product support, or e-mail address available, that can provide an older version of the software (that did work)?

Administrator

We do not have an older registered version on our servers, it is our top priority to track it down, very soon will be a test version which outputs what is happening.

Done.

Check your inbox for a message with the subject heading, "AccurateRip Dump File".

Have fun with that. Anything further? Just sing out..

Administrator

We need to get a dump a different way:

1) Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AccurateRip.exe

Save to C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\ overwriting the existing

2) Visit: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/dd996900

Download procdump, unzip to c:\procdump\

Run this procdump program:

Windows Key + R (brings up a run box), copy and paste this text then click run:

c:\procdump\procdump -ma -s 1234 -n 3 -x c:\procdump\ar.dmp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\accuraterip.exe"

** the number 1234 is the number of seconds after automatically write the dump, so if your AccurateRip reaches 25% and freezes after 50 minutes, use -s 3600 this will write the dump after 3600 seconds, or one hour

(if AccurateRip does not show then check the path is correct to the programs)

Now wait until the time has elapsed, the command window will show when writing a dump, as soon as the program is run a dump is created, this one can be deleted, then wait your hour

dump file are written to C:\Procdump\
    Last edited by Spoon; 04-01-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Had life divert me from this one.

Dump file here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuh2exspi7...331_090946.dmp

Hopefully I got the process right. Let me know if you need more.

Administrator

Thanks for your dump, unfortunately it shows at the time of dump the program had exited (it was at the final point of exit). When the 2nd dump file was created, the program was shown on screen? it was showing stuck at a % ?

Administrator

The more people who can create this dump file, the better for us, the closer we will be to tracking the issue, we might even spot something on your systems which is stopping AccurateRip.

Status 1.jpgStatus 2.jpg
    Thanks for your dump, unfortunately it shows at the time of dump the program had exited (it was at the final point of exit). When the 2nd dump file was created, the program was shown on screen? it was showing stuck at a % ?
    Take a look at the 1st pic. This is what I see. There is no % progress shown (I can only guess at what this is). The AccurateRip check process is simply stuck.

I set up a batch file with the following script based on the advice given:
    Code:
    ECHO ON
    c:\procdump\procdump -ma -s 600 -n 2 -t -x c:\procdump\ar.dmp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\accuraterip.exe"
    PAUSE
    This is what you see in the associated window that's provided in the 2nd pic once the cancel button in AR is initiated. Cancelling is the only way to produce a dump file. I can leave the process run for as long as I like and nothing will happen other than show the status given by the 1st pic.

This doesn't seem right to me but it's what I get .. hopefully it makes sense.

Administrator

c:\procdump\procdump -ma -s 600 -n 3 -x c:\procdump\ar.dmp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\accuraterip.exe"

Can you try this one, and we need the 2nd created dump file, the program should not have exited, and should be shown on screen even 2 minutes after that 2nd dump file.

We need to get a dump a different way:

1) Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AccurateRip.exe

Save to C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\ overwriting the existing

2) Visit: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/dd996900

Download procdump, unzip to c:\procdump\

Run this procdump program:

Windows Key + R (brings up a run box), copy and paste this text then click run:

c:\procdump\procdump -ma -s 1234 -n 2 -x c:\procdump\ar.dmp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\accuraterip.exe"

** the number 1234 is the number of seconds after automatically write the dump, so if your AccurateRip reaches 25% and freezes after 50 minutes, use -s 3600 this will write the dump after 3600 seconds, or one hour

(if AccurateRip does not show then check the path is correct to the programs)

Now wait until the time has elapsed, the command window will show when writing a dump, as soon as the program is run a dump is created, this one can be deleted, then wait your hour

dump file are written to C:\Procdump\
    I don't get an option to save this download to any particular location, just run or cancel