title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R15 HDCD +6 dB bug/mislabel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WiWavelength
    • Mar 2014

R15 HDCD +6 dB bug/mislabel

I noticed in CD Ripper R15 that checking the HDCD +6 dB amplification tick box then shows "-6 dB" under the installed DSP effect. This is the reverse of R14, which would show "-6 dB" if the +6 dB amplification tick box were left unchecked. The HDCD amplification (or lack thereof) still seems to function properly, applying the +6 dB amplification only if the tick box is checked. But the labeling under the installed DSP effect now seems to be the opposite of what it should be.

Is anyone else seeing this?

AJ
  • RichB
    • Apr 2011

Re: R15 HDCD +6 dB bug/mislabel

Mine version now says "-no6DBAmp" when unchecked.

However, when I checked it and ripped and HDCD, the DAC display shows only 16 bit.
    J River is outputting 24 bit, but the DAC checks the lower 8 bits and if they are zeros reports 16 bits.

I have no way of analyzing the files, but at this point, it looks like a bug since it appears that with +6DB checked you just get 16-bit and not 20 bit resolution.

Is there a way to check the file to see if the file is correctly resolving 20-bits?

- Rich

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

In Windows explorer, hold the mouse over the file, if it is 24 bit it will say so when hold the mouse over the file.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RichB
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
        In Windows explorer, hold the mouse over the file, if it is 24 bit it will say so when hold the mouse over the file.
        The file is 24 bits.
        J River is outputting 24 bits.
        The DAC is analyzing the data and detects that the lower 8 bits are all zeros.

If the DAC is correct then the HDCD DSP processing is not adding any additional information, simply expanding to 24 bits with zeros.
        If not, I would like to report the problem to the DAC maker.

- Rich

Comment

Working...

]]>