title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No CD Drive Found issue, but it worked with prev 13.5 Registered & EAC recognizes...

Question No CD Drive Found issue, but it worked with prev 13.5 Registered & EAC recognizes...

...recognizes it. I have the newest registered version 15, I uninstalled it and the codecs and rebooted prior to installing DMC and codecs.

The biggest difference here is I'm on a 64bit version of Windows 7, so I have not only a newer version of the CD Ripper and DMC but this is a 64bit rather than the prev 32bit version of the software.

I followed instructions to get a debug log but none popped up after shutting down the Ripper.

My drive is a CD/DVD combo and is a common one, and here is the description of it from EAC:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST c. 105 Adapter: 0 ID: 1

I cannot get into the options to configure or undo things like C2 pointers like I've seen in other posts that I searched for first. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Scott

Administrator

Re: No CD Drive Found issue, but it worked with prev 13.5 Registered & EAC recognizes

If the debug log does not even show, it suggests an external program is severely restricting dBpoweramp, perhaps an anti virus program?

Try running CD Ripper 'as administrator'

Re: No CD Drive Found issue, but it worked with prev 13.5 Registered & EAC recognizes

I feel so dumb but don't know why it worked before and didn't affect EAC. You nailed it, Spoon. Running as Admin brought it up lightning fast! Thanks!

Administrator

You should not have to run as administrator, the default permissions on Windows allow normal programs to access the CD drive.

I tried a second time, and forgot to note that my AV was shut off, as was firewall, when I installed (Comodo Internet Security covers both). Something about it is weird, but I can run it as an admin until I figure it out and will post my results. It's working that way so I have no worries. I have sinus issues and a head cold right now so no patience for IT troubleshooting! :|

Did you figure out cause of the problem? I fortunately came across this thread as I sit here on a Sunday (no Acronova Nimbie tel support available) trying to get it recognized by Cd and/or Batch Ripper or for that matter the Panasonic internal Blu-Ray R/W drive I have. Same as you as in a new PC running Win7 Ultimate and fresh (last 24 hours) purchase/install of all dbpa 'components' - R15, PerfectTunes, .... Just ran batch ripper as admin and all the drives now show up under unconfigured drives. So think I'm going to be able to make progress but would be good to know what the issue is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidewalking View Post
    I tried a second time, and forgot to note that my AV was shut off, as was firewall, when I installed (Comodo Internet Security covers both). Something about it is weird, but I can run it as an admin until I figure it out and will post my results. It's working that way so I have no worries. I have sinus issues and a head cold right now so no patience for IT troubleshooting! :|

Administrator

This is how Batch Ripper works, you run Batch Ripper configuration, and configure a drive to use a certain loader method (in your instance select Nimbie), once configured the drive will appear in Batch Ripper to be used.