title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A track has clipped through the net and not ripped correctly...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: A track has clipped through the net and not ripped correctly...

Spoon will have to respond. No idea. odd that the mp3 is so much larger than the flac.
    (however all those warnings are normal regarding clipping issue....I suspect that the problem is dealing with a completely silent track). Nothing special to be aware of with regard to 10 compared to 11.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If the gain is too great then RG is not written, as what is the point of gaining up silence to +40 or +100dB?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2013

That makes sense. Not sure about some of the other anomalies....

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It was just a warning prior to the value being dropped.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            It was just a warning prior to the value being dropped.
            What about the FLAC file being so much smaller than the mp3 file. That seems odd, even for silence.

Comment

• Max Dread
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by garym
              What about the FLAC file being so much smaller than the mp3 file. That seems odd, even for silence.
              To quote the poetry of Meat Loaf... "You took the words right out of my mouth".... Not that I guess it matters too much. The track was silence anyway and now that I know (I did not know before) I'll just delete it anyway.

One thing that would be nice to be clear on though.... The problem I had when ripping this file with the DSP Effects 10, was it purely down to the fact that the track was silent? Is that what caused it? Or to put it another way, is there a chance I might have problems with any other NON silent tracks that I have ripped (ones which have been AR Confident like that one was)?

Cheers
              Last edited by Max Dread; 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Max Dread
                To quote the poetry of Meat Loaf... "You took the words right out of my mouth".... Not that I guess it matters too much. The track was silence anyway and now that I know (I did not know before) I'll just delete it anyway.

One thing that would be nice to be clear on though.... The problem I had when ripping this file with the DSP Effects 10, was it purely down to the fact that the track was silent? Is that what caused it? Or to put it another way, is there a chance I might have problems with any other NON silent tracks that I have ripped (ones which have been AR Confident like that one was)?

Cheers
                there's always a chance that something is wrong somewhere in our life that we don't detect. But the silent track> ReplayGain issue was a problem that has been fixed. And a very odd problem at that (how many completely silent tracks does one encounter....in my 80,000 tracks i have exactly ZERO. Regarding other problems, never say never, but on the ranking of problems I worry about occurring, the odds of an AR verified track not being bit perfect after ripping with dbpa is just below (1) being hit by lightning while sitting in my office (inside a building) and (2) being kidnapped by space aliens. It is simply so low on the list of probabilities that it is not worth worrying about.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

mp3 has to have a minimum bitrate, depending on what settings are used, flac does not, if the audio is true silence then the compressed file can be a few KB long, so it would not matter if there was 1 hour of silence the flac file would still be very small.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2013

That wraps things up nicely then guys. Thanks for all the input. As ever, it is much appreciated.

Gary - you'll be hearing from my lawyers if I get struck by lightning tonight.

[Sent by an iPhone, intergalactically]

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

:p

Comment

• DaveA
                        • Mar 2014

This was probably a spoof of the infamous John Cage composition 4'33", which is 4:33 of silence. Brutal Truth made this "4:20" silent track, probably a stoner reference. Very clever. :smile2: Not sure why they clipped it at 3 minutes though.

Comment

Working...

]]>