title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Acquire from scanner / select scanner buttons not opening option / action windows

Acquire from scanner / select scanner buttons not opening option / action windows

Hi there all

Very pleased with Reference Release 15 - great product.

Have noticed that the CD Ripper Album Art 'Acquire from scanner' & 'Select scanner' buttons are not currently opening their respective option / action windows on this Win Pro 7 64bit installation - so can't currently scan in CD covers from within CD Ripper. Other aspects of the Album Art 'Choose Art' & 'Load From File' are working fine.

Can use the scanner (HP Deskjet 2200 series connected via USB and is switched 'on') through other programs (for example Irfanview) using either Twain or the manufacturer's own (HP) software solution - so the scanner drivers are working it seems.

Any clues as to how to point CD Ripper in Ref Release 15 at the drivers? Have tried uninstalling and re-installing Ref 15 already for example.

Could it be a 32Bit vs 64Bit driver problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

jim

Administrator

Re: Acquire from scanner / select scanner buttons not opening option / action windows

Not all scanner manufacturers release a 64 bit version of Twain, we can work around this for the next version.

Re: Acquire from scanner / select scanner buttons not opening option / action windows

Thanks Spoon - figured that it would likely be that kind of problem.

Cheers for now.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with R15. I have Win7 64bit, and Acquire from scanner stopped responding when I replaced R14 with R15.Scanning works fine from other applications. Looking forward to this being fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not all scanner manufacturers release a 64 bit version of Twain, we can work around this for the next version.
    Where are we at in the development cycle for this "next version"? Is this issue driving a new version, or are we waiting for enough additional bugs to be submitted to drive further development activity?
    Was v1.4 a 32 bit-only app, because the scanning function worked fine on Win 7 64 bit up to that point?

dBpoweramp Guru

R14 was 32 bit for cd ripper, r15.1 beta fixes this issue, it is in the testing section of this forum,

I have the same issue. I have two scanners and "acquire from scanner" opens the wrong one. Going to control panel / devices and printers I tried to remove the scanner I don't want to scan from, but it refused to be removed.
    It would be great if dbpoweramp cdripper hat a "select scanner" option somewhere.

Administrator

You can right click on the scanner and set it to the default scanner?

ok, tried the following:
    Uninstalled the Officejet 8600 scanner from device manager. Left the Photosmart 4180 installed. Opened up the "acquire from scanner" in cdripper. Got an error message "The Officejet Pro 8600 was not found". Is there any way I can make cdripper re-detect my scanner without reinstalling cdripper completely?

Administrator

These messages are external to dBpoweramp, Windows is generating them, so reinstalling dBpoweramp would not make any difference.