title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will dBpoweramp for Mac be ready to use?

When will dBpoweramp for Mac be ready to use?

Hello. Two questions, please.

1) When is the Mac version of dBpoweramp going to be released? I use only Macs and am excited for you to release your new version.

2) I have a large number of FLACs I want to convert to Apple Lossless - BUT - I want the ability to verify the transcode to be sure no error occurred during the conversion. Will the $39 version of dBpoweramp have the ability to do this? Will I need to purchase anything else? I read where dBpoweramp does "secure CD rips", but I don't see where transcoding from FLAC to ALAC is "secure". Can this be done easily?

-JOHN

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: When will dBpoweramp for Mac be ready to use?

Converting flac to apple lossless is secure in that there are no errors.

DBpoweramp on the mac will appear in the next week or so, although initially with no ripper or batch converter.

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Converting flac to apple lossless is secure in that there are no errors.
    Thank you for the reply.

Do you mean that the software does not make errors ... or do you mean that it will compare the original FLAC to the newly created ALAC to confirm the transcode?

It's important to me to find software for this project that compares the two lossless files for confirmation.

After posting that last reply, someone put up this screenshot for me to see what dBpoweramp does on Windows. That "After encoding verify written audio" checkbox ... will that be available on the Mac version? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Administrator

There are no errors from FLAC to ALAC, never once in 10 years has a single error been found (there must have been 10's if not 100's of millions of conversions done in that time), that checkbox is there for piece of mind.

dBpoweramp Guru

the "verify" after writing file is where the just written (converted) file is decoded to test that it is valid. Also, when you copy those files elsewhere, one can use batch ripper, select the top directory of your music files and convert to "TEST CONVERSION". This will try to decode all your files and then report if any have problems. Also, with PerfectTunes, for lossless files one can select the converted files and compare them to the ACCURATERIP database (if the album exists in this database) and if you get a match, then this is another confirmation that these files are bit perfect compared back to the rips of other people that ripped the same disk.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've had write errors. Windows' fault, not the conversion, but still I want verification.

I have had no issues converting all my FLAC to ALAC.

DBpoweramp on the mac will appear in the next week or so, although initially with no ripper or batch converter.[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

I'm new in this forum. Since I read the first the time about dBpoweramp for Mac around a year ago, I'm waiting desperately for the tool to arrive.
    But when I got that right, the Beta for Mac will come without a ripper included? can you tell me when the dBpoweramp with a ripper will be ready?

regards

Administrator

Perhaps 2 months away before first beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Perhaps 2 months away before first beta test.
    thanks for the quick reply, in 2 month including the CD ripper or not?

Administrator

Including.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Including.
    great!

if would start ripping my CD's (close to 1k) now on PC and NTFS hard-disk format, would I phase any problem if I transfer them to HFS+ Mac hard-disc format later on?

regards

Administrator

No problems.

Spoon, will the Mac version (beta or later) have the ability to edit the ID tags of files? Like a context menu just like in Windows?

Many thanks.

Nubben