title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming string allowed length shorter in Music Converter than CD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimR
    • Sep 2010

Naming string allowed length shorter in Music Converter than CD Ripper

I recently broke the length limit on my naming string.

I use the same string in Music Converter as in CD Ripper and noticed the limitation when copying the string from CDR into MC. Apparently the allowable naming string length in Music Converter is considerably shorter (tops out at 1000 chars) than that allowed for CD Ripper (haven't hit that limit yet).

The 1000 char limit in MC is the same both when converting to FLAC or when using Arrange Audio.

A tip from BrodyBoy on using different naming strings for different profiles provides a workaround that will enable me to divide my CD Ripper naming string into more manageable chunks per profile, but that work around is no good for MC which (unless I'm missing something) doesn't support multiple profiles in the same way.

I'm about to upgrade to R15 and saw that it has a new [IF] naming construct that might help me shorten my naming string, but I have been unable to find any info on it in the forums (searching for [IF] doesn't work to well - too common).

So two Q's:
    1) Where can I find info on the new [IF] naming construct, and
    2) Any chance we can get a patch to extend the naming limit length in MC?

Cheers
    Tim
    Last edited by TimR; 03-06-2014, 07:26 PM.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Naming string allowed length shorter in Music Converter than CD Ripper

Originally posted by TimR
    A tip from BrodyBoy on using different naming strings for different profiles provides a workaround that will enable me to divide my CD Ripper naming string into more manageable chunks per profile, but that work around is no good for MC which (unless I'm missing something) doesn't support multiple profiles in the same way.
    Cheers
    Tim
    Hey Tim,

Music Converter uses Profiles, too, but their location isn't as obvious. After you've opened the Music Converter window (via "Convert to" option in the Windows Explorer's context menu, for example), the profiles are at the bottom of the drop-down "Converting To:" menu.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

1) In the Help on the naming details page
      2) Will be fixed in R15.1
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TimR
        • Sep 2010

@BrodyBoy - Thanks for pointing out the location to set up profiles in DMC.

@Spoon - Thanks for the pointer to the [IF] info and good to know the limit will be increased in 15.1

Comment

Working...

]]>