title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

    I ripped all my CD's to M4A using DBPOWERAMP. When I had trouble getting my DLNA setup to work with M4A., I used Batch Converter to create another copy of WAV files. I was able to get the folder hierarchy around artists, albums and songs to replicate but I discovered that not all the albums were convereted. For example, I have four albums under Pat Metheny Group but only two of them were convereted. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,366

    Re: Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

    Try reconverting one album which did not convert previously, look at its file naming with the 'List / Rename' button.

    It is likely the album has converted, however your UPnP server might not be reading the tags correctly (let me take a guess, using Twonky?)

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Re: Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try reconverting one album which did not convert previously, look at its file naming with the 'List / Rename' button.

    It is likely the album has converted, however your UPnP server might not be reading the tags correctly (let me take a guess, using Twonky?)
    Thank you for the suggestion. I went back and re-processed my Pat Metheny Originals and looked at the projected list of what it was going to do. In doing that, I see what the issue is. Albums with collaborative artists are being split out by the collaborating artist. For example, "As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls", has multiple songs co-credited to Lyle Mays so the album is being written to a folder under his name, rather than under the primary artist's name, Pat Metheny. I am not clear as to what is controlling this. This is how they show under Windows after being processed so the server isn't the issue, I don't think. This apparently has happened across all of my CD's so I am hoping the automation can be corrected to convert "CD to CD". Also, the sequence of tracks has not been preserved. For whatever reason, the Batch Converter is not mirroring the folder structure after conversion.
    Last edited by nobrien1; 03-05-2014 at 07:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,366

    Re: Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

    Set the output to as Dynamic and enter:

    [origpath]\[origfilename]

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Re: Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Set the output to as Dynamic and enter:

    [origpath]\[origfilename]
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. In the end, [album]\[track] - [title] got me very close to where I wanted things. I just had to set up my generalized artist folders and move the albums in.

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,214

    Re: Batch Converter didn't convert all albums

    Quote Originally Posted by nobrien1 View Post
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. In the end, [album]\[track] - [title] got me very close to where I wanted things. I just had to set up my generalized artist folders and move the albums in.
    Then you need something instead like:
    [artist]\[album]\[track] -[title]

    this will put the albums under their associated artist subdirectories. Or you can use [albumartist] instead if you use that tag field.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •