title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to decode DTS files in Reference 15

Exclamation Unable to decode DTS files using DirectShow decoder, in Reference version 15

Hi

I'm using dbPowerAmp from many years without problems, but using the reference 15 I'm having this problem.

I'm trying to convert a DTS file using DirectShow but just I can't, I see this problem only in reference 15, in version 14.4 an olders all was good.

In the directory:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Administrador\AppData\Roaming\dbpoweramp
    I have the file called 'directshow.txt' with this content:
    Code:
    AC3
    DTS
    SPDIF
    But when I try to convert a DTS file to Lame MP3, it displays an exception:
    Code:
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Administrador\Downloads\Insidious 2\Insidious 2.DTS' to 'C:\Users\Administrador\Downloads\Insidious 2\Insidious 2.mkv_1.mp3'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.DTS', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'.  [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]
    I'm missing something?

I have 'FFDShow' installed and this is the way that I always convert AC3/DTS files using dbPowerAmp, I've never expected this problem in the newer releases.

And I have the DirectShow decoder installed here:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder
    But I've noticed that in the Codec Central it says this:
    DirectShow Decoder Release 2 225 KB 32 bit only codec
    ...But I'm using a 64-Bit OS.

So maybe that's the problem?, and, Illustrate developers team will not update the codec for x64? the codec adds an excellent feature to dbpoweramp, the aviability of convert a lot more of Audio formats... but just now I can't use it.

Thanks for read.
    Last edited by pitoloko; 03-04-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Administrator

Re: Unable to decode DTS files using DirectShow decoder, in Reference version 15

DirectShow is not going to make it to 64 bit, however you can install the 32 bit version of dBpoweramp by holding the right shift key down whilst installing. See:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...y&goto=newpost

Re: Unable to decode DTS files using DirectShow decoder, in Reference version 15

Oh, what a bad notice :(

Thankyou Spoon, I will follow the instructions.

Administrator

Microsoft dropped DirectSound early in XP's life, we cannot compile it today with the Windows 7 SDKs.