title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working - Windows Error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devsforev
    • Mar 2014

dBpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working - Windows Error

Good afternoon,

I recently upgraded to R15 the other day. When a CD rips completely I have no problems, but if I cancel the rip or it automatically aborts (having it set on cancel if it rips an inaccurate track) then I receive the following error:

"dbPoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working"

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	296830

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	BEX64
      Application Name:	CoreConverter.exe
      Application Version:	15.0.0.10
      Application Timestamp:	530610e0
      Fault Module Name:	ReplayGain.dll
      Fault Module Version:	10.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:	52cbf2be
      Exception Offset:	000000000002aecc
      Exception Code:	c0000417
      Exception Data:	0000000000000000
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	1355
      Additional Information 2:	13558394bbd43eeaf946e812134b6624
      Additional Information 3:	f358
      Additional Information 4:	f35856d0c73ef2562c2e078e9b81d5e7
    The error seems to indicate that it's an issue with the ReplayGain.dll, which makes sense seeing as how I have that DSP effect enabled. I've been able to hack the error away by using this regedit tweak to windows.

It doesn't seem like a major problem, seeing as how the program stopped working due to it being aborted... But still I wanted to bring it to your attention. If anyone has any ideas on how to properly fix this issue, I'd be happy to try a few out.

Thanks for your time. dBpoweramp has made digitizing my music collection so much easier.

Cheers,
    -- devsforev
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp CoreConverter has stopped working - Windows Error

Now fixed:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• devsforev
      • Mar 2014

awesome, thank you spoon! i'll test this as soon as I get home from work today. keep you posted,

--devsforev

Comment

• devsforev
        • Mar 2014

Spoon,

Just got around to testing this now. Unfortunately it looks like it didn't work. Uninstalled old DSP effects and tried out this beta. The ReplayGain window is blank, aside from the "Ok" button at the bottom. See here: Click image for larger version

Name:	no-window.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	292674

Furthermore, any other DSP effect that I select shows a similar sort of blank screen.

Anyway, I wanted to push forward. I cancelled the rip manually a few tracks through to attempt to replicate the error I was receiving when I started this thread. All tracks are marked as errors in the "dBpowerampCD Ripper : Errors & Information" dialog that appears post-rip. The error is:

Error: Unable to load DSP Effect 'ReplayGain'. [dbCoreConverter::LoadDSPEffects]

Thank you for the quick response earlier. I'm rolling back to DSP Effects R10 for the time being, but I'd be happy to try out any other betas that you have to solve this problem. Finally, if you would rather me continue this thread on the one you linked earlier just let me know.

--devsforev

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It looks like the 32 bit version installed, make sure you do not have any 32 bit dBpoweramp installed in:

c:\program files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

Then reinstall.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• devsforev
            • Mar 2014

Spoon,

Sorry i didn't get back to you yesterday. Late night at work...

Just checked now and no folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Illustrate exists. Could I be missing anything else? Thanks again for your time,

--devsforev

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Where is dBpoweramp installed to? 64 bit, where was the old 32 bit installed to?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• devsforev
                • Mar 2014

Spoon,

dBpoweramp is currently installed in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp. The version prior I believe was installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp as you mentioned. At the time of my beta testing and since then, the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate has not existed.

Thanks again,
                --devsforev

Comment

• dbfan
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jan 2011

Make sure there is no db config in the 32 bit install location

Comment

• devsforev
                    • Mar 2014

Last night i completely uninstalled dBpoweramp, including the DSP tools and Batch Ripper. After this, the folder "C:\Program Files\dBPoweramp" did not exist any longer. I also checked "C:\Program Files (x86)." No folders for Illustrate or dBPoweramp existed in either of these Program Files directories.

After this, I reinstalled dBPoweramp R15. After installation was complete, I uninstalled DSP tools (since it installs automatically) and tried out the beta version supplied earlier in this thread.

I'm still having the same issue with the ReplayGain window being blank and the rips failing using DSP R11.

Any ideas on how I would find this db config file you mentioned (if it exists), or any other ideas on how to fix this issue? Thank you for your time.
                    --devsforev

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Try this:

Uninstall R15, adn the DSP effects, then install to:

C:\Program Files\dBPoweramp64

then install the DSP effects.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• devsforev
                        • Mar 2014

Spoon,

Sorry for the delay. Tried this, and it did indeed solve the problem. Any idea why? Thanks again!
                        -- devsforev

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Because it is issue to have 64 bit and 32 bit installed to the exact same folder.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>