title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The program gets the same CRC in 2 different drives, but the resulting MP3 files dont

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baronluigi
    • Mar 2014

The program gets the same CRC in 2 different drives, but the resulting MP3 files dont

This is the problem. I have ripped the same disc ussing 2 different DVD drives my computer has. The same CRC32 appears in their respective logs.

However, the resulting mp3 files does not have the same CRC32. I have checked that creating a SFV of one of the set I have ripped and using it in the other one. They did not match.

How could this be possible, when the program confirmed that both rips had the same CRC32?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: The program gets the same CRC in 2 different drives, but the resulting MP3 files

The ripping log might have an AccurateRip CRC, and a CRC32 which can change between drives for the first or last track if overreading is not enabled.

Install the Calculate Audio CRC utility codec from Codec Central above, then convert both mp3 files to it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• baronluigi
      • Mar 2014

Re: The program gets the same CRC in 2 different drives, but the resulting MP3 files

Originally posted by Spoon
      The ripping log might have an AccurateRip CRC, and a CRC32 which can change between drives for the first or last track if overreading is not enabled.

Install the Calculate Audio CRC utility codec from Codec Central above, then convert both mp3 files to it.
      I am really sorry, but I cannot understand what you are triying me to see?

Do I have download this codec you mentioned and rip the tracks again?

EDIT: I think I got it. I have ripped the first track in both drives, using de CALCULATE AUDIO CRC codec instead MP3 one.

I get the same CRC in both rips. However, I think this does not change anything, because the same things happen when I rip the files with MP3 codec.
      Last edited by baronluigi; 03-01-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You convert the mp3 file to Calculate audio crc, do it for both mp3 files, they should match.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>