title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

i have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLAC 1
    • Feb 2014

i have a few questions

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum but i have a qeustion.
    I received from a friend a wav copy on a forum of a promo cd in WAV.
    I converted them with dbpoweramp in FLAC uncompressed because i simply hate microsoft linear audio or wma.
    I have an EAC log with CRC, so if i want to make sure if the flac files where converted from the original wavs then the CRC must be the same right ?
    So this way im 100% sure the flac came from the original wav?
    The qeustion why i ask this is because i had a mp3 rip before and i just really want to know if its from the wav and not mp3, because i did the conversion long time a go.
    Every rip has different CRC right?
    Also can i be 100% sure if its lossless if i used 3 programs to check and they all say its 100% CDDA ?
    Or could these programs be wrong ?
    Im just really paranoid about my files and i just want to be sure 100%.
    @Spoon
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: i have a few questions

In Codec Central >> Utility codecs is a 'Calculate Audio CRC' install this and 'convert' the flac file to it to generate the CRC32.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FLAC 1
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      In Codec Central >> Utility codecs is a 'Calculate Audio CRC' install this and 'convert' the flac file to it to generate the CRC32.
      Yes i did that and the CRC is exactly the same with the EAC log so this way im 100% sure it came from the wav right?
      Also if it was from the mp3 it could never be the same crc then wav or am i wrong?
      Sorry im still learning about CRC and etc

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The CRC being the same as the log means the audio track is identical to the CD.

mp3 compresses audio so the CRC will never match the CD, or the ripping log.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>