title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

Hey Spoon,

Originally posted by Spoon
    Noted, will test for next beta
    that would be good, especially because I could reproduce the error with a second and a third PC (Win 7 Pro 64bit German, Windows FireWall, Avira Free Antivirus).

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Strange, I have taken a fresh Windows 32 bit, installed R15.1 and Convert To and Edit ID Tags are present after install.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Strange, I have taken a fresh Windows 32 bit, installed R15.1 and Convert To and Edit ID Tags are present after install.

How about 64 bit. I've installed on my 3 win7 pro 64bit machines and see same issue on all 3.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

As soon as I install R15 32bit, R15 64bit or R15.1 64bit the "Edit ID-Tag" dialog opens like expected
          I think we would hear alot more about R15.1 64 bit not working with edit id tag as that is the one everyone uses. Have you tried an uninstall, reboot, reinstall?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Orac
            • Aug 2013

I too have lost the right-click integration since upgrading from R14 to R15.1 64-bit. :(

Edit:
            Just after I posted, I was browsing the forum and found out about the dbpoweramp reset utility so ..

I did a full uninstall, rebooted, ran dbpoweramp-reset, rebooted again then installed R15.1. My right click integration is back!
            Last edited by Orac; 09-28-2014, 08:29 AM. Reason: New information, dbpoweramp-reset.exe

Comment

• dk8260
              • Sep 2014

Same here, I've tried R15.1 Installed as x86 on Windows 7 x64, I have tried on three different machines of which one was new Installed.
              R15 Installed as x86 right click working

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Convert To is missing also?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dk8260
                  • Sep 2014

I cant remember if it was missing or did not work, I instaler R15 x86 on Windows 7 x64 and everything was fine

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

I think we would hear alot more about R15.1 64 bit not working with edit id tag as that is the one everyone uses. Have you tried an uninstall, reboot, reinstall?
                    I just did the ininstall, reboot, reinstall 15.1 on my win7 64 machine. No change. In my case, I only see the right click options of "edit ID tag" or "convert to" if I'm within a subdirectory and select the music tracks themselves. If I'm at the ARTIST directory or ALBUM subdirectory level, on right click (of one of these folders) I can only see the "batch convert" option (and not the edit id tag or convert to). It seems like in prior versions I would see the edit id tag and convert to at the upper subdirectory level.

Comment

• pogo
                      • Oct 2014

Convert To is missing also?
                      Hi, Spoon, I´ve installed R15.1 on windows 7 x64, the ID tags doesn´t display bit depht for any track, when I use the converter, only when I ripper a CD, no matter the encoder I use it, what it s de problem, thanks a lot.

PD sorry for my bad english
                      Last edited by pogo; 10-07-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Bit depth would not be in the ID Tags.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pogo
                          • Oct 2014

Bit depth would not be in the ID Tags.
                          oooh no, so bad, why not?, I would like to see it in the ID Tags, I like to know the bit depth for any track converted, so why can I do?, thanks again

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

You can hold the mouse over the file and the popup information will show the bit depth.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pogo
                              • Oct 2014

You can hold the mouse over the file and the popup information will show the bit depth.
                              sorry, but the popup information doesn´t show the bit depth, all the other information is ok, so I don´t know what to do.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

For mp3 or aac there is no such thing as bit depth, the format can be decoded as 16, 24, or 32 bit.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>