title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Music Converter R15 not showing "edit ID tags" on right-click

Hey Spoon,

Originally posted by Spoon
    If you uncheck the options in config program for edit id tag and convert to, that unregisters it from the codec.

Then uninstall 64 bit version, then restart Windows (full shut down and reboot) then install 32 bit.
    I gave that a try but it did not work. Additionaly I've deleted all registry entries (tagged with dbpoweramp, spoon or illustrate) by hand after the deinstallation and reboot. No effect!

Could be a former R14 installation the reason for the problems? When I've upgraded from R14 32bit to R15 64bit I did not uninstall R14, because I've expected dbpoweramp to detect the older version and to update/upgrade within the R15 installation. But it didn't, so I had the situation that all programs were 64bit code and only the converter was 32bit code (could use Fraunhofer codec).

Any other ideas?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I do not have any more, sorry.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

ok, some more Input. If I select some music files in the file Explorer, right click and choose "properties", the property dialog opens and has the "ID-Tag" tab. In a short test I could successfully remove the album art of files, but the attempt of reassigning the album art showed up problems. The files were not shown with the album art in the file explorer, but the album art was still embedded in the files, as I could proove by a look into the file properties.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

For which file type?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

For which file type?
            I only use flac and mp3, so I can just make a Statement regarding those file types. Both file types Show the effect, that the ID-Tag dialog does not show up by a click of the menu entry "Edit ID-Tag" in file explorer's context menu.

For flac I have the effect that the album art is not shown by the file explorer. For mp3 it works. So I guess there is a mixup in the installation and the assignment of file types and there handling by the shell.

Is there a documentation which registry entries and which dlls (incl. dll version) dBpoweramp does expect to work properly?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

There is no documentation, based on COM it is fully automatic (registration, etc).

The album art would be shown for mp3 by the component built into Windows.

The ID of the com object is: 72f06720-4c02-6020-05d0-40d748699f3d

you can search the registry for that, however, on uninstall of dbpoweramp, it should be removed fully.

Possibly the 64 bit dll is being blocked by security software, as a test disable your software, install whilst disabled and see if works.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

I have good and bad News. First the good ones: my System is now working fine with R15, as it should. The bad news: as soon as I install R15.1, I run into the Problems I described above.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Possibly security software related, as there were no changes to this area from R15 to R15.1, only the programs recompiled.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

Possibly security software related, as there were no changes to this area from R15 to R15.1, only the programs recompiled.
                    from my Point of view this is unlikely. I just use the Windows FireWall and a virus scanner, but no fully integrated Internet security Suite like i.e. Norton. But I can give it a try.

Do you suggest to uninstall R15 before installing R15.1?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It can be anything, anti-malware, anti-phishing, anti-virus.

All have been known to block parts of dBpoweramp in the past.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

It can be anything, anti-malware, anti-phishing, anti-virus.

All have been known to block parts of dBpoweramp in the past.
                        ok, I will deactivate my anti-virus solution.

But what about this question:

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                        Do you suggest to uninstall R15 before installing R15.1?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Yes uninstall R15, reboot and install R15.1
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

Yes uninstall R15, reboot and install R15.1
                            ok, I did uninstall R15, reboot, turned Windows FireWall and anti virus software off, and reinstall R15.1 in the 32bit version. No change - the "Edit ID-Tag" dialog did not open by clicking the corresponding menu entry in File Explorer.

As soon as I install R15 32bit, R15 64bit or R15.1 64bit the "Edit ID-Tag" dialog opens like expected - even if FireWall and anti virus software were turned on during installation or use of file explorer.

Are you sure that R15.1 is just a recompiled R15?

Dat Ei

PS: Is there a Chance we will see the Fraunhofer codec in a 64bit version?

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

I can report that I too don't get "Edit ID Tag" or "Convert to" in R15.1 (win 64 version on Win7 machine). I've installed on two different win7 machines and get same problem. If I go directly to files themselves (not album or artist folder), and right click, I then get the "edit id tag" and "convert to" options. I recall that I could get these options from the level of artist or album folder in past versions.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Noted, will test for next beta
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>