title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp 64 bit and 32 bit Compatibility

Administrator

dBpoweramp 64 bit and 32 bit Compatibility

The 64 bit release of dBpoweramp will only work correctly with 64 bit codecs. In Codec Central the codecs which are indicated as 32 bit only will not work with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp.

CD Writer

CD Writer cannot be compiled to 64 bit, it is 32 bit only.
    Last edited by Spoon; 02-20-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp R15 Compatibility

What Can I do if I need R15 to work with a 32 bit Codec / CD Writer?

It is possible to force dBpoweramp R15 to install as 32 bit (both 32 and 64 bit versions are included in the same install), to do so:

a) Uninstall all dBpoweramp programs from the 'Programs and Features' entry in Control Panel
    b) When running the dBpoweramp install hold the right shift key down before and whilst you double click the install, this forces the 32 bit install to run, this is the right shift key:

On the installer if it tries to install dBpoweramp to: C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp then the 64 bit version is installing, if installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp it is the 32 bit install.

Note if the 32 bit version installer does not launch, you can instead: start >> run (or Windows Key + R), browse to the installer and select it, then on the end of the line add a space and:

--force32bit

Then click Ok to run.
    Last edited by Spoon; 01-09-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp R15 Compatibility

I have installed R15 64 bit, yet when I install a 64 bit codec it installs the 32 bit codec?

There must be parts of dBpoweramp R14 32 bit remaining on the system, if the install detects the 32 bit dBpoweramp it will install the 32 bit codec, to overcome this:

Open Windows Explorer and Browse to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\

Remove the file:

dBConfig Application

Then reinstall the codec.

It is not possible to install the 64 bit version to location that was previously used to hold the 32 bit location, for example if the 32 bit version was installed to: C:\Soft\dBpoweramp\ the 64 bit version could not be installed to this location
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-06-2014 at 04:42 AM.