title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

upgrade to R15 from R14 ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eve
    • Feb 2014

upgrade to R15 from R14 ...

So I bought the pack R14 + PerfectTunes for 50 euros on Feb 14, 2014 and now I have to ask, since you released R15, can I upgrade to higher version without paying extra 11 euros ... ? I'm a bit confused, sionce I bought it within a 14 days prior to R15 release ...

all the best
    Eva
  • HawkInOz
    • Feb 2006

Re: upgrade to R15 from R14 ...

We are now certain that dBpoweramp R15 will release within 4 weeks of today. All purchases of dBpoweramp R14 made within 4 weeks of the release date will be complimentary upgraded to R15.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See the 2nd post here:

dBpoweramp R15 is now native 64 bit, previous versions of dBpoweramp would install only 64 bit components for parts of Windows which required it (shell integration), R15 is completely 64 bit, this allows dBpoweramp to no longer be limited by 4GB of memory usage, large file conversions (80,000 or more) could reach this limit.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Eve
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
        Thank you for quick responce, but since the download link on my retrieval page refers to the version R14 with upgrade offer to R15, I assume I have to buy the upgrade right ? ...

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

No you do not have to, I checked a few order numbers and it seems there was a problem with this Bundle upgrading, I have redone them and you should now see Reference R15 on your retrieval page.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Eve
            • Feb 2014

No you do not have to, ......
            PERFECT, it's working now. That's why I was so confused, I thought I didn't fully understand to previously reffered posts. Now this is the customer service guys ! Thank you very much, keep up the good work !
            I'm off upgrading

Eve

Comment

• jfkaess
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2005

Spoon,

What about the free update to dbpoweramp R15 for those of us who bought Perfectunes 1.5 with the free update offer that was supposed to give us the upgrade to dbpoweramp r15? I have my Perfectunes 1.5 order number but using it just pulls up Perfectunes 1.5, not dbpoweramp r15.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

In the next few days we will put up a special redemption page for this.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jkauff
                  • Feb 2014

The 64-bit R15 install didn't bring anything over from my R14 installation. For example, I had CLI Encoder set up to use QAAC. I guess I can still use R14 for this, but when will we start seeing 64-bit replacements for common codecs?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Here are the codecs:

These installs contain both 64 bit install (for dBpoweramp R15 beta 64 bit) and 32 bit installs. By default the install will match your dBpoweramp (32 bit or 64 bit). AAC Encoder Now Released: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-m4a.htm CLI Encoder Now Released: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-cli.htm m4a &

They all release fully next week.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jkauff
                      • Feb 2014

Here are the codecs:

These installs contain both 64 bit install (for dBpoweramp R15 beta 64 bit) and 32 bit installs. By default the install will match your dBpoweramp (32 bit or 64 bit). AAC Encoder Now Released: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-m4a.htm CLI Encoder Now Released: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-cli.htm m4a &

They all release fully next week.
                      Thanks for the links. However, they default to the 32-bit install because I still have R14 installed. When you release the final versions, could you have the installer look for R15 first?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

The install not look for R12, R13, R14, R15, instead it looks for 64 bit or 32 bit. If you have a 32 bit dbpoweramp installed it will default to that install for the codec. Uninstall the 32 bit dBpoweramp.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• handehande56
                          • Feb 2014

Hi!

Promotional Offer 08-19-2013: "Those with an existing R14 dBpoweramp Reference license, who purchase PerfectTUNES will receive a complimentary R15 dBpoweramp Reference upgrade upon release." In january 2014 I purchased PerfectTUNES. When, where and how can I download that REFERENCE R15?

Thank You!

Hande

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

See:

dBpoweramp R15 is now native 64 bit, previous versions of dBpoweramp would install only 64 bit components for parts of Windows which required it (shell integration), R15 is completely 64 bit, this allows dBpoweramp to no longer be limited by 4GB of memory usage, large file conversions (80,000 or more) could reach this limit.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• handehande56
                              • Feb 2014

Thank You! Everything is now more than allright!! I was too much in a hurry (once again)!!!

H

Comment

Working...

]]>