title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Losing all id tags (even title, artist etc) when converting from FLAC to MP3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Losing all id tags (even title, artist etc) when converting from FLAC to MP3

A new user, I ripped my CD collection to FLAC - but now want to also create mp3 versions of the files.

When I use the batch converter I find that all the track information associated with the files is lost on conversion. Any hints for how I can ensure that the id tags come over into the MP3 files also.....the "promo" stuff on the website for the batch converter seems to indicate that this should just happen.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Losing all id tags (even title, artist etc) when converting from FLAC to MP3

Right click on a FLAC file >> Edit ID Tags, does it show ID Tags?

right click on a created mp3 file >> Edit ID Tags, does it show the tags?

Re: Losing all id tags (even title, artist etc) when converting from FLAC to MP3

Thx for reply Spoon.

When I look at a FLAC file the ID Tags are there.

When I look at an MP3 created from the FLAC by the converter the ID Tags are not there.

Any help in diagnosing and fixing the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

You have no DSP effects running during conversion?

Which version dBpoweramp do you have?

Do you have any security software?

Spoon,

No DSP effects

Version is R14.4

Only security software is MacAfee Internet Security

Cheers

Administrator

Run dBpoweramp Configuration, then on the Music converter tab, enable the very last debug option. Then convert one FLAC >> mp3, afterwards a log will show in notepad, copy and paste the text here please.