title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio Conversion Engine Hell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justindublin
    • Feb 2014

Audio Conversion Engine Hell

Hey Guys,

I'm about to have a nervoud breakdown trying to do what would seem to be a simple task!

I have a folder calleds WAVS, naturally in it are lots of WAV files. I need to convert these to MP3 and stick them in a folder called, you guessed it, MP3.
    New wavs get added daily to the folder so I need it to be watched, and when a new one goes in, convert it and drop it into the MP3 folder.
    Sounds simple right?!
    Wrong.

My main problem is the original file keeps getting deleted. Surely there is a way to tell the ACE to leave the source file alone?

I thought a workaround would be setting the 'PROCESSED' folder as the 'WATCH' folder, but instead ACE just has a complete sizure and starts deleteing EVERYTHING - and it can't be stopped. You gotta CTRL - ALT - DEL to kill the process before it wipes away everything.

Is there any documentation to do with ACE?
  • daren
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Re: Audio Conversion Engine Hell

Audio Conversion Engine was designed to work with 4 folders per profile:
    - Watch folder
    - Processed folder
    - Error folder
    - Output/Target folder

I think the folder names speak for themselves, but the idea is that all of the folders are different. You put files in the watch folder, once they are converted the output file is put in the target folder and the original file is moved to the processed or error folder (depending on whether the conversion succeeded or not).

Making the watch folder and processed folder the same folder will create a loop which gives strange results, as you found out.

I understand what you're trying to do and ACE is not the solution. We do have a new application which will go into beta soon and does what you want to achieve.

I'll send you a private message in the next day or two with a download link so that you can give the new software a trial run.

Comment

Working...

]]>