title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Folders how "empty"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tregs
    • Dec 2013

Folders how "empty"

If I add a new folder to my NAS, the folder shows up reasonably quickly but for hours afterwards when I try to access the content (using n-Stream or UPnPlay) the folder shows as "empty". The content is there according to the computer and if I play through the computer it pays OK; but i want to avoid doing that as it brings in the sound card.

Why does it take s long for the content to show please? My player is a Naim Unitiqute2
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Folders how "empty"

You have to tell Asset to do a rescan 'detecting changes', if Asset is running on Windows (or Windows home server) new tracks are detected automatically if the files are stored on drive local to asset (not a network share).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tregs
      • Dec 2013

Thanks for that Spoon. You really do give brilliant support.
      Understand the above but a supplementary. My stuff is on an External HD attached to the computer running Asset. If I hit Detecting Changes does that mean Asset only looks for changes on the main HD and not the external? If so, do I need to hit the Refresh button when I have added folders to the External or will Detecting pick them up eventually?

Many thanks Tregs

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

External HDDs are unlikely to notify the system of changes once they have a certain number of files on them, so detecting changes will manually rescan all drives.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>