title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem Searching by Folder and File Names

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Happy Tom
    • Feb 2014

Problem Searching by Folder and File Names

Hi All,

New user here. It is much quicker for me to locate certain music using Advanced Search > Folder and File Names. However, the folders shown are not related to the music library. Using different search methods, ie album, artist etc, it appears that all of the library is being accessed by the program. Any suggestions as to how I can get this important feature to function properly?

Thank You for your assistance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem Searching by Folder and File Names

What folders are shown? the folders shown there are exactly the folders as set by the library path.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Happy Tom
      • Feb 2014

Re: Problem Searching by Folder and File Names

Originally posted by Spoon
      What folders are shown? the folders shown there are exactly the folders as set by the library path.
      The actual library is located on an external drive connected to PC via UBS. The folders containing the music files are all nested in a folder called "New Music Collection" The folder in Folder and File Name Browsing is "My Music". Nested in this folder are three folders called "Amazon MP3, iTunes and Unknown Artist. All are empty.

I'm using a Dell PC running windows XP.

Thank You for assisting!

I solved the problem. I added a second directory to my library and did not delete the default. I went in to the configuration and edit, removed the default directory and restarted Asset. All is good.
      Last edited by Happy Tom; 02-12-2014, 11:55 PM. Reason: Figured it Out

Comment

Working...

]]>